Screaming Eagle 2007 in Redwood City Costco

Never thought I would see this…seems to be priced somewhere around latest auction prices…

More important question is: what are you doing slumming in Redwood City? :wink: BTW, check out Martins West pub next time you’re there, interesting place to eat.

Not quite the Costco inventory we see in Delray Beach!

wow in OWC to boot!

I don’t understand why they wouldn’t just sell this to the next person on their waiting list. Why would they unload the bottles to Costco?

distributor probably.

Not enough people actually buying off of the mailing list? newhere [smileyvault-ban.gif]

A) they sell to distributors??
b) And to ones too stupid to auction that vs selling it to Costco??

Wow? I could see the '08 for that price…but '07?? Going market on it right now is $2100. Cheapest at retail is $2300???

Also…this is Costco…and they are out there in the open?? Wouldn’t be surprised if they are swiped!

The end is nigh. [snort.gif]

How many pallets? [stirthepothal.gif]

They were being monitored at the time…my rep took the pic and fired it up to us…the pic was small at first so I originally thought they were mags and went to buy them this morning…heartbroken to see the 750’s (which were by then locked back up) and didn’t pull the trigger. Though they would make cool sales incentives…maybe contest fodder…resale in China [stirthepothal.gif]

I see posts about folks buying and selling this. Does anyone ever drink it?

Honestly never thought I would see this. Certainly a sign of the times. Wonder how much damage this did to the brand image and peoples perception of the product who are currently on the waiting list.

Probably from the inventory of a restaurant that is going under. I would find it hard to believe they came directly from the winery, they simply have no reason to risk the damage to their reputation.

Does it make anyone else nervous just seeing that bottle perched on the lip of the OWC?

This looks like the same screaming eagle sold in the Chinese market–with 77% Cab Suav. Short for suave?

If the bottle is in good shape, $1,500 is a great price. Actually worth thinking about

'Bout time.
Best, Jim

Wow, that’s crazy. If that’s not a sign of the times for cult wine of yesteryear, I don’t know what is. So glad I’m off this list now.