CT ratings on wine list?

Just got back from Juliette, a new restaurant in Newport Beach, and was perusing their wine list. I’m not used to seeing critic ratings on wine lists, let alone CT ratings. Just found it kinda curious. I wonder if the general non wine geek public even knows what CT is and if it helps sales.
IMG_0266.jpg
IMG_0268.jpg

I wonder if the Wine Enthusiast score helps move that Richebourg?

Interesting to see scores…rare but perhaps helpful - though most people probably don’t know what CT is.

As or more Interesting is that they wouldn’t use higher Parker scores for some of the Bordeaux…must be on purpose because he is far more known among the general public than Tanzer.

Joe, what was corkage? Wine list is a bit light on the frenchie stuff.

I don’t think ratings belong on wine lists. Don’t those responsible for putting the list together have any confidence in their own tastes?

P Hickner

How was the food? We had a reservation a few weeks back, but had to cancel.

That appears to be the default list printed from Cellar Tracker. You have to applaud them for keeping track of inventory and presenting a wine list that reflects wines actually available.

Ditto, my first thought was that they use CT for their inventory and printed a wine list from the software without omitting scores.

Not my list that I can see.

Chateau Cheval Blanc, St. Million ?

[snort.gif]

The pricing looks pretty good on most of those wines, is the place worth checking out?

Maybe the Somm has a personal account

No, let me explain further. That is not how I format my lists. Things are not all in lowercase. There is no wine on CellarTracker listed as grand vin de chateau latour. There is Chateau Latour Grand Vin. There is nothing on CellarTracker listed as Cayuse Syrah, bionic frog with a comma in the middle. There is no JMQ (Jean-Marc Quarin?) integrated as a professional score in CellarTracker. Again, that list is not generated from CT.

I think JMQ is Jamiroquai. Pretty sure.

OK, whatever. That list was not created directly from CT. Obviously the Somm in question does look at CT though.

Another opportunity for me to throw up my video of Napoleon Dynamite… like I did in the Canned Heat thread.

Ah, f - it… I’ll pass. It wasn’t funny there either.

Citing an esoteric reviewer such as JMQ is pretty odd, perhaps even misleading.

$15, no bottle limit. I’ll update the OC BYOB thread. The hostess didn’t seem to understand my question about bottle limit, I guess ppl don’t bring in a bunch of their own wine. The place is interesting. A part of the restaurant is a “wine shop” where you can shop leisurely for a bottle and take it over to the restaurant for free. The wine shop guy said he charges $5 over “retail”, whatever that means. The prices are fair. I only took a pic of 2 pages of the list, there’s another full 2 pages. The list is CA heavy but good. Some nice eclectic choices and no gouging. I think the DRC Riche is the only red Burg. I didn’t know what the wine list would look like, so I brought a Rhys.

Food was just ok, bordering on meh. Lots of small plates to share, which I like. Best dish was pork cheeks with grilled peaches. That was good. Everything else seemed to have too much going on, like they were trying too hard to make the food unique. Some ingredients seemed to clash. Overall, a pleasant, but unmemorable experience. It took over the space where Tradition by Pascal used to be.

Hmmm…my wife liked the food better than me and even she said it was just good, not great. I think it’s worth going to support a local business that serves good wine at reasonable prices. They need to simplify their kitchen.

Eric - sarcasm. Jamiriquoi is a crappy pop band.