2011 Domaine des Cassagnoles Gros Manseng

Amazing value white with apricot, lime, grapefruit flavors. Dry with ample acidity this was a real surprise, especially for $10 at Binny’s.

Agreed- this is a killer value. I recommended it for a fund raiser at my kids’ school recently where they needed an inexpensive selection of wines to serve at a little reception & it was the first to run out.

I’m drinking and loving this right now as I did the 2010. Here’s my note (mine was the “reserve”):

I continue to love this wine and others I’ve had from Gascogne. Powerful tropical fruit, fresh melons, zippy acidity and a refreshing finish. Wonderful everyday white wine and crazy cheap for the quality. 90 points.

I’ve also had the 2011 Domaine des Cassagnoles Cotes de Gascogne Blanc which was also quite nice. Guess I just really like this region and/or the varieties.

Drank a fair amount of this when I worked at Peter Weygandt’s shop. One of the best selling white wines we had…exotic aromatics and fresh acidity made this a winner. I think we sold it for around $10 too.