TN: a pair of '09 Drouhin Villages

I had fun drinking these on back-to-back nights and noting the differences! And they both seemed like very “typical” burgs to me.

2009 Joseph Drouhin Côte de Beaune Villages - France, Burgundy, Côte de Beaune, Côte de Beaune Villages (2/21/2013)
Ripe and open nose, welcoming with sweet pinot fruit. Very smooth mouthfeel and a short, simple palate of ripe red fruit, finishing with a sharp minerality. Good stuff, again. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2009 Joseph Drouhin Côte de Nuits Villages - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Côte de Nuits Villages (2/22/2013)
Interesting drinking this the day after Drouhin’s Cote de Beaune Villages. The Nuits Villages is darker, more sultry, heavier. The fruit is shaded black and some oak spice stands out on the nose. On the palate, the fruit is heavier, darker, and the finish is more tannic. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks for the notes. I love Drouhin’s low end wines.

To be totally pedantic, these are technically regional wines, not village wines.

Thanks for the notes. Anyone try the 2010s of these?

They’re quite good for $20, aren’t they?

I know what you mean…I was just trying to keep the subject of my post short and emphasize that I was making a comparison. Obviously there is not a “village” named Cote de Beaune or Cote de Nuits. Apologies for any confusion on anyone’s part.