Rupert Murdoch buying winery...in Bel-Air

Here’s a useless paragraph:

Moraga was the first commercial winery bonded by Los Angeles since the end of Prohibition, and it’s the only working vineyard in the city. Its Napa-worthy blends, grown from Bordeaux varietal grapes, are available at noted Westside wine store Wally’s – a six-liter bottle of the 1994 vintage, which received a respectable 89 points from renowned grape critic Robert Parker, is going for $1,756.

‘Napa-worthy’ blends? Who knew that Robert Parker was not only a wine critic, but a grape critic?

Rumors are he may buy Moraga:

Rumors are that Todd French posted on this a few minutes ago.

This is technically a retweet

[rofl.gif]

You guys realize you sound like Bob Dole talking about “the internet machine”, yes?

neener

You mean this series of pipes they call the internets?

I pulled up to a winery about 7 or 8 and I yelled to the cabby, “Yo Holmes, Smell you later!” Looked at my kingdom I was finally there…

Go Rupert, the freshest prince of all~ [cheers.gif]

Ever tried their wines, I have had several. Winery is only a few miles from home. They do have wine club of sorts you do not have to buy through Wally’s.

We used to have a customer who lived across the street from there and would delight in taking $40-50 bottles of top Rosso Conero, Sforzato or Sagrantino to dinner at the owner’s house. He would go apeshit and ask “How much is this, $200?” and she would answer “No, John, it’s less than $50…that’s my point!”.

This is classic example of The Roberto. Not only has he subtly name dropped (I know people who know people), but he’s told you that his stores’ wines sell for a fraction of what other people think they’re worth. neener

Bruce

No, I think it points out how OVER priced Moraga is…

Fox Prick of Bel-Air