A New California Grand Cru Pinot Vineyard: Sea Smoke Southing

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

…good one!

Oh please yes, let’s revisit for the FIVE THOUSANDTH TIME the debate about alcohol in wine. Because I’m sure this time it will be different…

The rest of that Grand Cru harvest goes in here:

Come on Unca Sid. Get real.
You know that Red Burg is typically lower in octane than CA Pinot!

TTT

Exactly. Had this been a California Vintner that all of a sudden applied “Champagne” to their respective sparkling wine label, would we argue about ETOH in those wines? I suspect not.

No, bill, we would argue about the lack of acidity and minerality in those sparklers… [snort.gif]

Which would be something new and refreshing to discuss.

If I drank 1/2 a bottle I could.
For sure.
Without a doubt.

In some cases one sip could tell me.

I’m really not that much against High Octane PN from anywhere if it’s balanced.
It’s just that it tends to give me a headache when compared to equal volume of a lower octane wine.

TTT

Huh?
You never got high, stoned, bombed or drunk on alcohol?

TTT

Again, BS. One percentage point in ETOH in 375 mL of wine for the average adult male that drinks regularly would never notice from a physiological standpoint.

I like Sea Smoke and buy each year but this seems rather silly labeling.

But if it works, keep an eye out for my First Growths next year. Lol

While I think the concept has a tone-deaf quality to it they’re far from the first to do something like, say, name their winery Grand Cru or repeatedly claim superiority to the wines of one of the most respected and top wineries in the world. I think, for at least some folks, Burgundy is just another entity that is there to be co-opted, utilized and bested. It’s just a different perspective than most folks here have or relate to.

This thread is funny!

All we need now is for Francis to post some inappropriate picture of a nice lady, state that he would boink her and let everyone know what an awesome chef he is.

Franny you have to now…

I couldn’t disagree with you more.
There’s more to the mix than 1 point higher alcohol. (eg larger percentage of higher alcs and headache causing substances)
From 35 years of serious wine drinking, I know what effects me.
You don’t…

TTT

\my palate is so sensitive i can taste it with a single sip the alcohol level! How dare you try and trick me!! [snort.gif]

Not one percentage point, Bill — one tenth of a percentage point. Get it right. [wink.gif]

Fu,
Please don’t misquote me. I said certain wines, not all.
One sip of a Martinelli Zin (for instance)is enough for any living human to discern an outrageous level of alcohol.

TTT

Once again, you make no sense…

TTT