Best Wine Storage Facility in Chicago? Help Needed...

Nah, but you didn’t help much either. [wink.gif]

After reviewing several locations, I just rented space at The Lock-up on Kinzie. I selected them because they had the right combination of access time, price, and storage quality. I talked to Domaine and while the facility seems to be first rate (I didn’t visit but spoke with them), they’re also by far the most expensive at $2.50/case/month. You should determine exactly what you need in storage and then choose. Some of Domaine’s features may be more than you need.

I will probably look at them too, because it’s pretty close to my house. Domaine’s smallest locker is 20 cases and I’m not there yet, though if I hang out here much longer I probably will be much sooner than I ever imagined.

Corey, if there is a rule in collecting, it is that the wine expands to fit the available space. 20 cases fills in a sneeze, especially when you are around other enablers such as this board…

If I’m smart I’ll rent a shoebox.

Of course, no one’s ever mistaken me for smart before.

Many thanks for all the kind words. It’s an honor to be in the Chicago market and we hope to meet you all at some point. To that end, if you are interested in stopping by, we have the perfect excuse coming up…the inaugural Domaine Wine Storage Super Bowl Party. Bring a bottle, bring a 6 pack, bring a crock pot…we would love to meet you!

more information at http://domainewinestorage.com

Cheers,
Marc

Check out our new wine storage on Foster Ave in Chicago. It’s called Chicago Wine Storage. It’s right off I-94 so it’s pretty convenient to city residents as well as the folks in the suburbs. Take a look at our features and amenities at http://www.chicagowinestorage.com

-Nik Turik (ITB)
disclaimer: I’m a partner in the business

Nik, welcome to Wine Berserkers. Are you a customer of Chicago Wine Storage?

This is a real names board, so you’ll need to add your full name to your signature. Also, as this is your first post, and it’s a recommendation for a company in the wine business, some of us might wonder if you have a financial interest in Chicago Wine Storage. It’s OK if you do, just that you need to disclose that with an ITB tag (in the business), at least for any posts that pertain to the business.

I checked out the site, since I am ITB, and have to say they have some very attractive rates.