Epic Day in Anderson Valley with Wells Guthrie

Pinot and among Wells best efforts. Kiser “En Haut”

I didn’t realize the Kiser vineyard was so close to the highway. Is that the Rhys vineyard just east of Kiser? I was in the area recently and noticed the Rhys sign up on the fence/gate. If so would this be Bearwallow?

Tom,
The vineyard directly east of Kiser with Rhys signs is Bearwallow.

Kevin, is that google maps image of Bearwallow current, after your plantings of additional acreage?

Lew,
I pulled up Google earth and it does seem to show all of the new blocks now. There is one block on the northeast corner that looks a bit different. It is an olive grove but the rest are all Pinot and Chardonnay.

Nothing I can add to or subtract from this statement!

We had much of the Copain team with us on this trip (Wells of course, assistant winemaker Mike, administrative manager Penelope and new customer service/events manager Holly). It’s easy to understand the attraction of the deep Anderson Valley vineyard sites. These exceptional vineyards are in great hands!

Olive grove? Holy pesto, Batman! Is there going to be a Rhys olive oil?

Lew,
There aren’t enough olive trees to do anything really commercial but it’s possible that we might have a small offering for customers at some point. We have a few olive trees at Alpine as well. With the first Alpine oil in 2010, I was smitten. I love great Tuscan oils and Alpine olive oil has that same peppery, cough inducing finish. Since there was a bit more room for olive trees at Bearwallow, I hope Bearwallow olive oil is in the same league.