IMPROMPTU BERSERKFEST 5.5 Burgundy/Bordeaux /w Chinese Food 12/11 TASTING NOTES PICS ADDED

Make that 5. I have plans already or I would join your ass and bring something for you to cry over. Have fun.

This is truly the saddest day in offline forum history. 21 posts in this thread and no one will come hitsfan

This is truly becoming one hell of a depressing thread . . . haha. . . If I said Fu and I are handing out red envelopes . . . would that spark more interest?!

Don’t take it personally, lads… it is the holiday period, and except for the still single, loners and losers, weekends are booked early… so if you really want others there, plan ahead, i could have been there with some advance notice…

I agree, James… lose the Burg theme… we both know Bdx is better… right??

[rofl.gif] Ummm skip both and go German and Alsace … we have had many many tastings at E Kangs and know those are the only things that work.

J

Burgundy rain man doesn’t speak those languages. Definitely, Burgundy.

I think it’s because it’s a last minute Saturday night event like Dietzy said. And because you’re Chinese. Kidding!! If it wasn’t on a Saturday night, I think you’d have better luck IMHO.

I guess over sauced average chinese food needs Germans but not fresh out of the tank seafood. :smiley:

I’ve been trying to tell Fu to stop spending money on watered down wine . . . he just doesn’t get it . . .

This thread confirms the following:

1. People don’t like eating with Chinese people
  2. Wine enthusiasts still think Chinese people pour Coke/Sprite/7up/Pepsi/Dr. Pepper/Red Bull/Mountain Dew/Gatorade
  3. Fu can’t put an offline together

You’re a good man Charlie Brown Fu! Stick to your convictions; “Sauteed fish in brown sauce” goes swimmingly (pun may be intended) with Burgs & Bdx! [highfive.gif]

According to Victor, “real chinese restaurants” serve “other” delicacies. newhere

This thread gets sadder every post. :smiley:

No coke? Next you’ll say there won’t be any strippers.

Note to Charlie… if you can arrange for strippers, I’ll blow off my family event.
http://www.emotty.com/emoticon/7/stripper-girl-dancing

I’ll leave you in suspense. Powell will probably want a massage tho:D

I swear to all that is mighty, I am going to get on all of your asses for what you order at restaurants and what wine you’re drinking with the food from here on out.

bitches [stirthepothal.gif]

I won’t tell you what some of these people are eating for lunch while drinking pinot [truce.gif]

is dietz getting 8 packs of mustard as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Don’t forget the “chili”.

If you guys will consider moving this to Boston’s Chinatown I’m in. Let me know.