LA/VENTURA WINE DINNER - Sonoma v. SRH Pinots, 11/4/10

I will be out of town on the proposed date. I will see you all at another time.

Can’t do 11/4 either.

Before looking for another date, perhaps 11/18, lets hear from some others…

Bruce

Th. 11/4 works for us.

I am about 90% sure we can make 11/4 (will try to eliminate that last 10% as soon as possible). We are not available 11/18.

11/18 works for me.

Just getting over the shock that there may well be an offline that requires minimal travel. [wow.gif]
Dana and I are in, and either date works for us. Heck, both dates work for us. [highfive.gif]
Way to go, Bruce. [berserker.gif]

Glad to be of service.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Berserkers,
November 4 is coming up quick and I want to reserve the place. Please confirm your interest.
Thanks

Bruce

Ashley and I are out for Nov. 4, and would also probably be out for most other Nov. dates – Nov. is filling-up at a head-spinning pace.

Can’t wait to read about the event, though! I hope somebody brings some Arcadian to throw into the mix.

Brian,
Sorry you are so busy but hopefully someone can arrange a local Berserkerfest to accommodate all of our schedules after the holidays (that is a hint for TODD)!

Nov 4 looks good for my wife and I. I can supply some Central Cal Pinot (a Foley perhaps) if that is the choice. We should be identifiable from my avatar (that’s us at Larkmead recently).

Bob,
Thanks for the RSVP. I hope everyone else who wants to go lets me know by next week, so I can give the restaurant a better estimate. If everyone who chimed in as being available confirms, we’ll have about 18. For that quantity, we’ll just order when we get there and split the bill evenly.

As for wine, most of our tastings have each person bringing one bottle (two bottles for a couple). Otherwise, there may not be enough of any one wine for everyone to have a taste. I’d suggest we have one bottle per person, and if a couple is attending, that they try to bring one bottle from each region, with the foil removed in a plain brown paper bag. We will number the bottles when everyone is there and I will bring a tasting sheet.

I ask that everyone chime in on the date, number of bottles/couple, etc.

Bruce

I think I can make the 4th work.

As for bottles, I think a two table approach is what you will have to do if you have over 12-14. Two bottles a person is a bit much in a setting like that and probably not feasible.

Chris,
Great to hear you can make it… Since the restaurant wants to give us one long table, do you suggest we make it one bottle per couple then? Besides, it is a work night anyway.

That really depends on your total confirmed attendance, Bruce. I think one per person is standard and appropriate. I just got the impression that two of each kind was to be attempted.

Just confirming we will be there on the 4th.

Paul, thanks for confirming.

Chris, sorry for any confusion on my part - I was intending one btl per person, so a couple would bring two. If someone comes solo, they can bring one or the other. Since so far we only have two possible solos, you can bring whatever you’d like.

Bruce

IN!!
What is the cap on attendees? I may have a couple more folks to attend depending on the limit.
Having a great time in Paso for Harvest Festival. [drinkers.gif]
[berserker.gif]

Mike, I think we have plenty of room. Just let me know.