TN: 1997 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon

The 04 KL I drank last night was backwards, tannic and just plain not ready. Tonight I went for something I knew that was going to drink well.

• 1997 Karl Lawrence Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (5/22/2010)
    Popped for dinner tonight with some steaks on the grill. First smell of this wine and I knew this was going to be a fun ride. Flat out beautiful nose with mellow black cherries, dusty boysenberries and touches of raspberry kirsch. Nose is completely layered with so many scents; baking spices, ginger, cedar box and toasty oak. On the plate, this wine is simply mind blowing. One of the most silkiest and smooth cabernets I have had in some time. Gorgeous red fruits, super concentrated but medium body and not heavy in any way. There are some fine tannins here and ample acid that will carry this wine a few more years but it is in perfect balance right now. Not one single hard edge to be found, plush and silky with a velvety texture. Sexy red fruits, saddle leather, tobacco, creamy vanilla oak and a hint of chalk. So good right now but will continue to drink well, not sure how much it can really improve at this point. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice note thereā€¦
[snort.gif] [snort.gif]