2008 Rivers Marie Cab release update

SIAP - From the website

The 2008 Rivers-Marie Cabernet release email will go out August 10th. Once again there will only be one bottling, a Napa Valley blend of vineyards from Howell Mountain, Oakville and St. Helena. All other details will remain unchanged as well: 12 bottles per customer, $55 a bottle and free shipping.

I’ll be buying, as usual.

I had this on Monday with TRB up at Outpost.

Run, don’t walk.

What’s the style compared to the '07?

Many loved the '07, so I bought a 4-pack, then discovered that while it is a well made wine, with great fruit, it’s on the mochaccino/chocolate side of cab making, and therefore not my style. Is this more traditional in style?

Not really traditional. Big modern CA cab. Super concentrated.

Real world scenario.

My wife had 2 glasses, one with 08 RM Cab - the other with Schrader T6. The next wine, 08 Maybach, is being poured and she has to dump one to get it.

She dumped the Schrader.

I saw this as well.

Nothing ends an argument quite like demonstration.

Was it worth the dump?

Did Tyler Rico go diving after the dump?

happily in for a case. learned my lesson not maxing my allocations for '07, '06, '04, and '03. indeed, i am a slow learner [head-bang.gif]

Todd’s question is still unanswered. Is the wine on the chocolate covered cherry side or not? The Schrader is not, and if you love chocolate in your wine, then the Schrader won’t do it. I like both styles, with the nod going to pure Cab, no chocolate.

So do you get chocolate in the wine?

All this talk made me open up an '07. What a treat!!

• 2007 Rivers-Marie Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California, Napa Valley (7/25/2010)
    The WB board has had some discussion of this wine lately so I thought I’d pop one open. Decanted for a few minutes before drinking. What a wonderful experience. Big, bold fruit, tasted to me like Georges III fruit even though it is touted as Howell Mountain and Oakville. Blackberry, plum, dark cherry, cassis, oak, graphite - beautiful!!! A long finish. This wine really sang! (95 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

…once again…thoughts on 08 Maybach from barrel?

The Maybach was from bottle, and not a barrel sample. Pretty stunning.

Plus 1

I flew a bottle of the 04 up to Seattle for a golf tourney at Seattle Golf Club. This wine was the standout wine of the weekend with a bunch of WA wines and the house wine Corliss offerings. Flat out good.