Cameron Hughes 5-hour 20% off sale

removed.

Had a cart waiting for a trigger to be pulled…done! [training.gif]

gotta try that lot 179…I spoke to the CH rep at costco last weekend and he said it wont make it to any of the costco’s so this is almost like free shipping.

Anyone try 178 or 179 yet (Havens Syrah and Black and Blue)? Do they fit the bill as great QPRs at the $10-12 level?

If I recall correctly Havens wines ran in the 35$ range, so I am banking on the same quality of wine in nice lil 179 package instead of a havens label. at 12$ a bottle it is worth a flyer.

Oh yeah…check these notes out here

Thanks for the link…quite favorable notes thus far for a $12-15 wine…some pretty decent notes on the syrah as well. I think I’ll pull the trigger and give them a try. Should be fun!

So those of you in the know, what are the best choices? I’m looking for whites and reds. Thanks in advance! [thumbs-up.gif]

took a few 179. need a BBQ wine for next year

If you don’t mind serious acidity, I can attest that the 169, 178, and 179 are very good. They need air.

I like serious acidity and recently tasted through a bunch of Cameron Hughes wines. To contrast and compare palates I drink and have mostly European wines in the cellar and tend to gravitate towards wines with acidity and minerality and away from overt oak. A no-buy means no-buy for me at any price. All of these CH wines are reasonably priced under $18.

Here are a few impressions about the wines I tasted on 9/21:

Lot 125, Napa Carneros Pinot Noir 2007 - Lots of fruit and spice on the nose and palate but a strange metallic note on the finish (food clash? ???). A no-buy for me.

Lot 148, Santa Barbara Chardonnay 2008 - Medium gold color with tropical fruit and some acidity but not a lot going on. A no-buy for me.

Lot 153, Santa Barbara Chardonnay 2008 - Big oak for my palate and a no-buy for me.

Lot 154, Lake County Zinfandel, 2006 - Lots of spice and fruit on the nose and palate but strangely oaky, sweet tasting and light in body. Nope, never, no-buy. Bleh.

Lot 169, Napa Valley Merlot, 2007 - though seemingly light in body (not in reality) it nice complexity and a slightly acidic finish. I bought a case of this for the non-winos (think of the holidays coming up…). A Havens wine by the cork.

Lot 179, Napa Valley Cabernet/Syrah Blend, 2007 - A real wine with structure and well-defined fruit flavors. This one has a possibility to improve with age although we will drink them. Non-winos will like. I bought a case. Another Havens wine by the cork.

Lot 190, Alexander Valley Cab Sauvignon 2007 - Picked up some green that I did not care for in this wine. The tannins are already integrated in this wine so if you like slightly green Cab this would be a good wine for the price. A no buy for me.

I did not taste the Syrahs because I’m not liking US syrah these days. Hope this helps.

178 looks to be sold out. Too bad, nice wine.

Shannon,

You and I seem to have a very similar palate do you post TN’ on CT and do you mind sharing your handle so I may keep an eye on your notes?

Thanks,
dave

Hi Dave, my CT handle is Winetex. I have a couple of notes there. [cheers.gif]