2011 Maison Ilan (and other Maison Ilan / Ray Walker discussion)

I saw that they went out to the States. Anybody in Europe that have received their wines already?

I am waiting on my Corbeaux which is coming with the 11’s. With the weather, shipping won’t be until Fall now for me.

I did have a chance to taste one of the lower level wines from 2010 through a friend. A Mont Luisant Red from Maison Ilan. The wine was vibrant and delicious. It wasn’t a very complicated wine but I don’t know this terroir in red. I have only had it in white. It was interesting and fun. Also well made and extremely well balanced wine. FWIW.

I received mine here in the States. I purchased them through Woodland Hills.

I received a few from Vins Rare in CA.

Funny thing, I ordered a few direct from Ray and haven’t heard from the importer yet. That likely puts those in the fall shipping window give the increasing temps in TX.

I don’t think this is true Don. The 10 Corbeaux is coming from Crush or so they told me. They are not handling the 11’s again according to my rep there.

Nick.
I only have the 10 Corbeaux. No 11s. Ray told me that the 10 Corbeauxs were being shipped with the 11’s to Crush?
Maybe that ended up not happening? Anyway, I have to wait until the Fall.

sale at Vins Rare today and 10% off M. Ilan.

Crush has informed me that they are not handling the 2011s. I have no idea who is. Does anyone here have any idea who is?

Harvey the Rabbit?

Bevmo?

David Klinger?

Elvis?

Nope, just heard it’s going to be Lorena Bobbit

Hi all, thanks for the answers. Apparently nobody from Europe to see the wines so far?

[popcorn.gif]

Everyone’s a comedian. Or thinks they are. [snort.gif]

Seriously, folks, does anyone know?

Good questions.
Since Ray is active on Twitter as of an hour or so ago, I sent him a tweet about which importer he used.

Yeah, Mine is sitting at Woodland Hills. At this point we’ve missed the shipping window in DC.

Suzanne Camhi.

Indeed, he is active on twitter and other social media. However, I seem to have a hard time reaching him. Therefore I was curious if others in Europe have received the wines.