Virtual Tasting- One from the other side. July 4th weekend.

Rules: I hate them, but know we must have something to go by.

Discuss either here or in private 3 choices you would want your partner to choose from. The goal here is to NOT freak them out but maybe say, hey that wasn’t so bad. If you know your partner hates funk, I would avoid it. if you know your partner hates jam, I would avoid it. (hint hint)

If you want to send one-another a bottle, that’s fine too. basically anything you can figure out will work except pulling a bottle from your own cellar. Now, I would not imagine my partner to have any bevan in his cellar, but who knows. You must open a bottle OUT of your comfort zone or else it would just be another July fourth weekend where you drink what you want. I am sure they are doing that over at WineSpectator…

:slight_smile:

I say find a set of stores your partner has access to and chose from them. make it easy, not hard. I have not sourced a frenchie since the crash and burned CdP dinner a few years ago where Abe Schoener’s wine was WOTN.

have fun.

I do all my best thinking in the shower. Not sure why. Anyway, this is this morning’s wonder.

I propose we have a virtual tasting where-as all participants take direction from someone on the other side of the Old World - New World line. After you agree and make a declaration on which side you are on, I will team you with someone on the other.

Old World is team 1
New World is team A

I can’t even number them as appearing to give preference to the 1 over 2! A over B!

What will you learn you ask? Probably nothing. Maybe a little eye-opening and some fun is all I can offer you but you will be at peace with yourself knowing you have partaken in one of the 21st centuries greatest experiment yet!

Enter your name here, leave all baggage at the door and lets have a go at it.

Let’s do this over the 4th of July weekend. That gives you just about 4 weeks to secure a bottle. Participants will spend a little time looking at WS in the other participant’s locale and come up with 3 options. Prices can range from $10 to $50.

All notes can be placed here. For each note that has followed the plan I will make a donation to a local animal shelter.

What else can I say but why not?

Team A, New World Warriors
Mike P (Paired with Keith Levenberg)
Andrew Demaree
Brian Tuite
Humberto Dorta
Kimberly Cabot

Team 1, Old World Protectors
Robert Alfert Jr
Jane Crabill
Carlos Delpin
Keith Levenberg (Paired with Mike P)
Peter C.

In. Fun idea.

In. Team Old World.

Mike P, team A
Robert Alfert Jr,
Carlos Delpin, team 1

Team A for me! You’ll have to type slower though so I better understand the rules.

Team A
World police.

Not sure I understand the Team A and Team 1 references

I’m old world!

Team 1!

Come on Keith, come play! :slight_smile:

I will team you with me. [wow.gif]

I am not sure I understand the game but count me in.

I’m with Keith but it potentially sounds fun.

So if I generally enjoy Old World wines more than New World, which category would I pick? Is it a game to challenge my opinion, so if you Mike were my opposite I’d send you a thin, weedy Old World wine and you’d send me a milkshakey one :wink: flirtysmile

Kidding, but want to play and figure out what the scoop is.

Awesome.

I pick your wine and you pick mine. Give me three options in the 10-50 range and I will do the same. Make them readily available. 2004 Realm might be out of the range if you are able to find one! pileon

Ok makes sense.

I may want to switch teams… [stirthepothal.gif]
I am more equipped to pick New World Wines for some one else so let me know where I belong.

I will play on Team 1. Local choices are sometimes limited so I might have to substitute a “like” wine if I can’t find one of the options given to me. I will in turn allow my “partner” to substitute for the options I outline if the wine is hard to locate in their vicinity.

Great idea, Jane. We can certainly empoy that option when needed. thanks for the input.

Sounds fun - count me in. New World (The A-Team).

Okay Mike, three for you + I even included one option from CA as a bonus:
Senorio de P. Pecina 2005 Rioja Reserva, $23.97
Viuva Gomes 2006 Colares, $31.99
Clos Saron 2013 Out of the Blue, $32.99 (give this a heavy Mollydooker shake and/or a long decant in a wide decanter first)
Lionnet 2010 Cornas Terre Brulee, $54.99

I will play and I think I prefer old world style but have more access to new world sooooo I will go team New World? Either way it sounds like fun.