A trip to the offsite wine storage facility...

I SO scarcely go to my offsite that my bottles there are all but neglected. It makes for a fun trip of discovery, though!

Amazing how many bottles I have incorrect or missing in CT, however, and a bit frustrating. Great, however, to discover some that aren’t in CT, as it’s like free wine! Some bubbles, some Rhones, an '07 Dehlinger Chardonnay, and a half case of Swan Pinot - all surprises flirtysmile

I went to pull some Champagne and Dehlinger, and a couple '05 Dunn cabs, while depositing some '10 Gonon St Joseph for the long term, and ended up bringing home 25 bottles of wine…oops.

Best, perhaps, was when I re-arranged my cellar to find room for all the goodies, and found a bottle of '07 Gonon St Joseph, which is absolutely INCREDIBLE right now…and I thought I had none left! I’m very happy about that one!

Awesome! I am trying to get my club to add wine lockers as an ancillary member benefit - this is reasonably common in our geo. I have been a member for 11 years and can only imagine the treasures I’ve missed … fingers crossed :slight_smile:

Did you kiss my wine for me? Bummer, I should have caught you before you went so you could get the wine and give it to John. He is on his way down to birthday celebrate in the south land.
I find it dangerous to have 25 good bottles at home, especially bubblies and white wines.

Enjoy!

Lucky you. I always find unexpected crap wine or stuff way past its prime due the fact I didn’t use CT early on [head-bang.gif]

I’m WAY ahead of you, Kimberly - told John hours ago that I have your Dehlingers (he’s had your Scherrer for a while now), and will give them to him tomorrow! champagne.gif

The reason I started pulling a few out is because I’ve found that I’m not really a fan of wine in stages past secondary. Some are interesting, but most often, I wish I had opened them when ‘fresher’. This includes my very modest collection of Chave Hermitage, which I’ve targeted for more immediate consumption than originally planned.

YAY! I am so excited. Thank you. Very thoughtful and forward thinking of you. I have the Scherrer resting deep. Have you tried one? How about the Dehlingers?

Cheers and have fun!

Todd, on the Dunn its all good news as you have quite a while with those

My Scherrers are long gone - now I have the '12’s resting. I’ve tried most of the Dehlingers by now, but my ‘oldest’ existing one - an '05 Syrah - is back at home for consumption at some point.

No doubt, but I have half a dozen, and I’d like to try them in various stages. Notes on CT are promising, and it’s funny to think that '05 is almost a decade old already, as I started buying wine around that time, and my mind is sort of stuck in that era as being ‘now’ in terms of wine.

No shit…I have a bunch of 01 cabs and I keep looking at them and thinking are those really 13 years old?

Todd; Why are you pulling the '05 Dunns? They are not nearly ready to drink…unless you
need them for a tasting?

Cheers!
Marshall

these are Howell Mountain, and from what I’ve read on CT, there’s a lot of fun to be had with them now. I pulled two, left 4 in the offsite

I’ve been having some bad luck on 05 to 08 Dehlinger Chardonnays. I’ve opened maybe three or four since January, and all of them have shown various degrees of oxidation, ranging from mild to pour-down-the-sink. I have an 07 open now, which is on the mild end, but still clearly noticeable. Hope you have better luck.

I prefer my Dehlinger Chard 4-5 years post vintage while there is still some lively fruit and the acidity has had a chance to mellow a bit.

Todd, did you log the three-pack of Curmudgeon Cuvée as being stored in my Eurocave? Unit one so I don’t drink yours by mistake.

We LOVED the 08’s recently - probably went through 9 bottles in all, and all were excellent.

Nancy - it’s in my CT as ‘pending deliveries’ - how could my CT notation keep you from drinking mine? :wink:

I have yours in one unit and mine in the other. I might just forget and drink yours anyway!

My problem is not so much that I don’t know what’s in my locker (though that does happen), but that it can’t find it or get to it easily. My locker is packed to the gills. It’s like a puzzle just figuring out how to make everything fit sometimes. So pulling everything out to get to something that’s at the back in the bottom is a real project. Each box has a number, and it have those numbers in CT so I know which box each bottle is in. But the boxes are placed in the locker to maximize space, not in numerical order. So finding a specific one can be a real challenge. Usually I get about half way through pulling things out, get tired, and give up, picking something else that’s easier to get to. Some day I’m sure I’ll find some really nice stuff, and some stuff that’s way past its prime back there…