Bedrock Fall Release

Who’s excited? I am! Stoked to reload on some old vine and see what the new vineyards are. Anyone know what the release will be comprised of? New month=New CC billing cycle!

Morgan posted the following in another thread on 7/8:

We have not finalized all of the wines as we are still tasting and evaluating. If I had to guess though it will probably look something like this:

2013 Old Vine Zinfandel
2013 Compagni Portis Heritage White
2013 Evangelho Heritage Wine, CoCo
2013 Kirschenmann Zinfandel, Lodi
2013 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine or 2013 Sodini Ranch Zinfandel
2013 Oakville Farmhouse Heritage Wine (oldest vines left in Oakville at the foot of Harlan)
2012 Hudson T’n’S Syrah

We are still deciding whether to release the 2013 Bedrock Vineyard Heritage Wine or the 2013 Bedrock Carlisle Vineyard Zinfandel as well. This will put some of the more structured offerings like Monte Rosso Zin, Pagani Heritage Wine, Papera Heritage Wine, Limerick Lane Zinfandel, Nervo Ranch Heritage Wine, and Gibson Ranch Heritage Wine into the Winter and Spring Releases to give them a little more time to relax in either barrel or bottle prior to release.

We are thrilled with the 2013’s- every bit as good as the 2012’s and perhaps even better in some cases.

Kirschenmann! [cheers.gif]

Dolinsek, Oakville, Hudson, Old Vine. There’s my order.
Carlisle, if it’s offered.

No email yet.

Fracking hell…right after my first Carlisle offer pileon Can’t wait [cheers.gif]

This Board is a no-fracking zone. Thank you for your cooperation.

Very excited! Ripped through my whites (yes I know should have cellard) and can’t wait to see what’s next!

One word “ALLIN” :slight_smile:

Not much of a zin drinker, but still love Bedrock. I will likely take a small amount of what I am offered. If you live in the Bay Area and would like some of my allocation, PM me. Happy to share at cost.

Email said Carlisle would be offered.

Is bedrock doing waves like saxxum?

Will they offer discounted shipping if I bundle it with my Under The Wire order?
[cheers.gif]

newhere

Met with Chris last week and tasted the 2013 OldVine Zin and the 2012 TnS syrah. Both were fantastic! Stupid easy buys. Also had the 2013 Bedrock Heritage and 2013 Carlisle vineyard which were also incredible, even as barrel samples. Love what these guys are doing.

I’ll add, the Oakville Farmhouse is freakin’ incredible! Stupendous release and it will be difficult to rein in spending with so many great bottles.

Hey Guys- If everything goes smoothly it looks like we will be releasing the following.

2013 Compagni Portis Heritage Wine
2013 Abrente Godello
2013 Old Vine Zinfandel
2013 Carlisle Vineyard Zinfandel
2013 Evangelho Heritage Wine
2013 Bedrock Heritage Wine
2013 Oakville Farmhouse Heritage Wine
2013 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine
2012 Hudson Vineyard Syrah, T’n’S blocks

Yes, nine wines but the Abrente Godello is microscopic (and one of the most pleasant surprises of 2013), and there are only a few barrels of the Dolinsek, Oakville Farmhouse, and Carlisle Vineyard. The 2013 Kirschenmann will likely be released in the Winter as it just is not quite ready for bottling yet. The Evangelho, is in my opinion, the best we have made- a nice balance between the forward 2011 and the more reticent 2012. In almost all cases I prefer the 2013’s to the more opulent 2012’s (though I am sure some will disagree)- they carry a lovely balance between the freshness and nerve of 2011 and the richness of 2012. Though Evangelho, Kirschenmann, Old Vine, and Dolinsek will be open for business on the sooner side, I expect the 2013’s from Bedrock, Pagani, and Nervo to be among the most ageworthy wines we have made. And the Old Vine Zinfandel- suffice it to say it is made up of Bedrock, Nervo, Teldeschi, Sodini, Stampede, Papera Ranch, Evangelho, and even a couple barrels of Monte Rosso that did not fit in the final blend.

Don’t know if I missed a mention before, or if this is new news…but Godello!.. [highfive.gif] [thankyou.gif] [thumbs-up.gif] [welldone.gif] [winner.gif] [dance-clap.gif]

Didn’t even know Cali Godello existed…could be very cool.
Credit card, brace for impact…

Looks like a very nice line-up. I think these 5 are a definite for me after having passed on Bedrock the last several mailers:

2013 Compagni Portis Heritage Wine
2013 Carlisle Vineyard Zinfandel
2013 Evangelho Heritage Wine
2013 Oakville Farmhouse Heritage Wine
2013 Dolinsek Ranch Heritage Wine

when is this release ?