yourwinecellar.biz??

has anyone tried to buy wine from these guys before? http://www.yourwinecellar.biz??
was doing some browsing on wine-searcher and they seem to have really good prices and a 5star review?

art, really?

they list romanee conti among other wines, but no vintages on their website. no physical address. a fax number in missouri and a phone in california. none of this means all that much, but certainly red flags. is price your only concern when buying wine? pay a little more to work with trusted merchants…its worth it.

got a few of the drc. thanks for the tip!!

hmmm…crappy website design…stupid retailer name…no sign of them ever being around more than a year. Yeah, sure, go ahead and buy with confidence.

You hate to speak ill of someone’s business, but that site certainly doesn’t inspire confidence.

Never ever have seen a website without vintages. How can you legitimately advertise wine without a year?

mark,

i think you bring up good points, which was why i started this thread to see if anyone has any dealings with them. it seems from your response that you don’t believe them to be a reputable outfit (and i tend to agree with you) but you don’t have first hand experience with them.

you might have misread my post but the first post was not an endorsement but rather trying to gather information… i thought it was rather prudent that i ask questions before making any purchases… just because i’m price conscious does not mean that i don’t do my due diligence or buy from sources that i consider to be suspect.

i’m not sure what you’re trying to say with “pay a little more to work with trusted merchants…its worth it.” sure i like to try out stuff from lastbottlewines and wtso but for my pricier purchases i think i’ll be fine with my regular spots like hdh, klwines, and schneiders here in dc.

art,

those vendors are exactly where you can expect to pay a little more and get excellent service and quality. my point exactly.

mark,

since i got you on here, i’m going to hijack my own thread. is ‘cellar trading llc’ one of your businesses? i also saw that name today on wine-searcher and it uses the same physical address as your dc location.

art,

as you may know, domaine, in DC and elsewhere, stores for many import, retail and wholesale licensees. I dont make it a policy of discussing them in a public forum, in the same way that we don’t disclose our private clients.

thx

If Cellar Trading is showing up in Wine-Searcher, is that not already public? I feel like Art’s question was rather innocuous.

I think Marc is saying that cellar trading is a client that stores there and uses the address as their place of business.

thanks charlie…correct.

if anyone would like to communicate or do business with one of our trade clients, feel free to contact them directly. my point is just that i dont speak for them.

thx

Art, what you should have asked about is a referral program for Domaine since our thread brought in quite a few new clients. Jackpot.

i wasn’t asking mark to speak for anyone else. just wanted to know if it was one of his businesses. and it seems like it’s not. so before i do any transactions with them i will have to determine if they are a trustworthy business entity is all.