Suckling Takes Self-Indulgent to a Whole New Level

Over my four-decade career as a wine critic, I have tasted some 160,000 wines. And so I always feel I need to have my same wine glasses and briefcase on hand wherever I am in the world. Think of them like a concert violinist’s Stradivarius or a professional tennis player’s prized racket – they are the tools of my trade, but more importantly they enhance any wine-drinking experience, whether tasting or just drinking as a wine lover. - James Suckling

If you can make it through the video without retching, you’re a better man than I.

Only $6,800. I presume shipping is extra.

I made it through the video, but just barely. So that makes me a better man than you?

Forget the glasses, take them out of the equation. A hand made Ferragamo leather case for $6,800 isn’t that bad is it?

Look at the prices of leather goods like an Hermes Birkin? or any random Chanel purse…

Admittedly it doesn’t take much, but then again I was barely a man to begin with.

He is a legend!!!

So far as I could tell, the top of the line Ferragamo briefcase at a department store is $2,100.

A man has to make a little scratch doesn’t he?!?!?!

The premise is of course absurd, but I actually thought the video was interesting to see them blowing the glass. And no James Suckling coming in saying, I’m 100 point on that!

But really, did you catch that it’s his daughter singing? Impressive. And just a teenager.

Damn - the youtube channel is a treasure trove of great content

Aren’t those machine made though? i’m not that in tune with briefcase pricing, but yah it’s a luxory good. :slight_smile:

Did you hear the way he does the “r” in Carignan? He can speak like a Frenchman even though he lives in Tuscany. Clearly someone to worship!

No retching, but a wet fart got loose at 4:43. [oops.gif]

Shipping’s cheap, if you live in Tuscany.

That’s just lunch money for the guy who invented the internet.

A new thread about The Suckling!!! flirtysmile

I’m just so glad he’s back; after this week I need some laughs.

The sole reason for the creation and evolution of mankind is for the marketing of luxury wine glasses with a fancy leather case…

I wonder how much the First Growths paid for the rather gratuitous product placement at the end.

Bruce

oh god this is awesome.

I heard a rumor that Cash Steele has underwritten this Suckling project.

Apparently every Bordeaux was absolutely exciting and incredible and wow

But he also went back and forth between GREN-ache and gren-ACHE.