International Grenache Day This Friday, September 19

So whatcha gonna open?

SQN

Nicora

No Girls

Alright then, I’m in. It’ll be a game time decision.

2005 Saxum Rocket Block, maybe

Had this two weeks back and thoroughly enjoyed it. Very reminiscent of the G.O.K. and happy to have a share of both. champagne.gif

In the process of packing up my wines for our impending move this weekend I unearthed a bottle of 2007 Betz Besoleil so that will tapped for Friday’s consumption.

Sandler boer vineyard

Most likely one of yours. [cheers.gif]

I’ve got a Beckmen Purissima Mtn on deck and possibly an Alto Mancayo - and one of my Grenache Blancs to start, mais oui!

Cheers

The 2011 Pegau CdP is already drinking nicely now and is available here in Austin, TX for a very nice price. All my SQN collection is up in the TN cellar. Maybe some pork rib eye with Chinese five spice. Cheers, Bob

Might start with the 2013 Bedrock Grenache Gris too 8^)

• 2008 Tercero Grenache Larner Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Ynez Valley (9/19/2014)
    Popped for International Grenache day, didn’t even know there was a day but I celebrate it about once a month.

I’ve had these buried in the closet because I didn’t want to open them too early and I’m glad I waited, they’re starting to blossom.

Very dark in color, showing as youthful. The fruit profile on the palate and nose is distinctly dark blackberry like the kind I would pick as a kid, good memories flooding back. The wine is still framed by significant structure of maturing tannins and acidity filled with the blackberry, white pepper, sage, and dried brush. I only decanted this for an hour but I’m sure it would benefit from more air but there won’t be any left after the gang figures this one out. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I jumped the gun with a 2005 Rayas in France on Monday!

Last week, we opened the only Grenache we have in house (one of your '08’s, Larry!).

So, we’ll be celebrating with a 2004 Tablas Creek - Tannat today. [smileyvault-ban.gif]

Opened a 2011 Pure CdP last night, not even knowing it was IGD.

'12 Jolie Laide Rossi Ranch GRenache SyRah because it was also Talk Like a Pirate Day

Dragonette Grenache