TN: 2004 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly's (USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County)

• 2004 Cabot Vineyards Syrah Kimberly’s - USA, California, North Coast, Humboldt County (11/14/2014)
    I have never had a syrah that was so smooth. Color is as dark as dark can be. Aroma has a hint of barnyard that is followed by great dark fruit. Nice long finish. Silky smooth. This wine sets the bar for syrah. (96 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Nice! dig the hand written “4” [wow.gif]

I thought so.

I would like to add that I do not believe this wine was at end of life. The reported drinking window had it ending this year, but I think it had at least a couple more years in it.

That’s great Robert. I am glad you enjoyed it. The more we age our wines the more I see how they benefit from the time and I only lament drinking most of them before they reached their peak. We are all learning together as our oldest commercial wine is only 12 years old. [cheers.gif]

This is literally one of the last bottles. We label as the wine is sold, and had run out of labels so I had to handwrite the 4 on the last few bottles. I’m glad its apparently lived a good life.