Andremily Offer

It’s a sad state of affairs when I feel gratitude towards wineries who “only” charge $249 for a 3-pack of a new release.

With that being said, I’m excited, and am definitely in for a 3-pack, and wishlisted a magnum.

Keeping it old school, too. All orders will be via snail mail only, and they only accept check and money order.

Only 200 cases made.

Anyone else get an offer?

I got the same offer. Looking forward to trying this!

I got one - can’t remember when or why I signed up though honestly. In the back of my mind I’m thinking there’s some relationship to SQN or am I misremembering?

Yep, SQN’s assistant winemaker. Anyone try this? I’m definitely in for this one.

Any thoughts on style or what to expect from this? Someone make the case - I’m a skeptic and want to know why I should spent almost $100/bottle after shipping when Incan get phenomenal New World Syrahs from places like Novy, Campesino, Gemrose and Cabot for 1/3 of the price and can get Levet La Chavaroches for half.

I may still buy it, and I’m definitely not a hater, but I want someone, anyone, to convince me!

I mean, it’s pretty straight-forward… you’re taking a chance on a new release which, if successful, will be otherwise “unattainable” down the road (a la SQN).

The winemaker is the assistant winemaker at SQN, so he’s got some cred.

I feel, given the circumstances, the asking price is pretty fair. If the wine is good, it’ll be impossible to get for some time. If it isn’t any good, you’re out a couple hundred bucks and should be able to unload the wine for right around what you paid for it.

I don’t have any doubt they’ll sell out the first 2 or 3 vintages, given the production (200 cases) and the fact that the entire SQN mailing list likely signed up for this. Unless the wine bombs, this may be your only chance to access the wine for some time.

It’s your call, obviously, but I don’t think there’s much of a case to make. You take a flyer, or not.

Got offered 2 3-packs and a mag.

Happy to support a new project at $83 a bottle from a husband and wife team. Always fun to discover something new.

Whoa, how did that happen??

Have you been on the SQN list for a while, or know the winemakers?

My offer seemed pretty straightforward, “this is new, have a 3-pack, wish list a second 3-pack and a mag and we’ll let you know”

What’s the price on the mag?

$185 for the mag.

Same as everyone, sent an email asking for opportunity to purchase the wine.

Wow - I just got my email today (for a single three pack). I remember signing up about a year ago. After seeing that some of you received letters/email about two months ago I am wondering what methodology they are using. I guess (and hope) that there is still some inventory to be spoken for or I may not have received the email. I have been playing catch up for too long and taking whatever SQN scraps I can find from friends (local and on this board) on release. If this is even a close second I am willing to take the chance and avoid another annual SQN-like “Dear John” postcard…

Just saying…

I love SQN, and loved the first couple of vintages of Lillian. The further Maggie got away from Manfred’s influence, the less I enjoyed the wines. Clearly anecdotal and speculative, but as Jim still works for Manfred, I have high hopes and high expectations for this release.

A lot of winemakers who have gone on to put out their own labels have often disappointed, but I’ve seen some wonderful successes as well such as TRBs RM label.

I’m in on this one, hoping for the best!

I’m in for a 3 pack and hoping for a Mag.

Noah -

I would agree with Jorge that ultimately its fairly low risk from a dollar perspective if you really don’t like the wine - given production and link to SQN.

Setting that aside, basically it was a recommendation from my favorite winemaker and his wife - two people whom I respect personally and know more about wine and winemaking in their little fingers than I ever will. I can think of no better source to take a flyer on a new wine. Heck, I have spent more based on recommendations here from people I have never met… And given what is likely (given working with Manfred) very low yields, high cost barrels, tiny production, I doubt this is making Jim a fortune.

I may not end up loving the wine, but if I do I will be vary happy to have been part of Jim and Rachel’s success.

Cheers
Jeff

Well said, Jeff!! [welldone.gif]

Emailed immediately to sign-up and received a response a few days later. Guessing I didn’t make the cut. If anyone wants to split their allocation, let me know. Thanks.

In for this one for sure.

In for a three pack (to share) and wishlisting a mag (for my dad). [wow.gif]

This will be the most expensive bottle I’ve purchased, not considering restaurant purchases. [training.gif]

You guys have me convinced.

Anybody know how to send them a request?

Sent off check and order form this morning for a 3-pack.

Send an email request to them. [cheers.gif]