Wilmington DE wine shop recs

I’m visiting some friends in the Wilmington, DE area this weekend. Does anyone know if there are any good shops down here that specialize in old world?

Moore Brothers on 1416 N. DuPont Street.

They specialize in European wines.

Isnt wilmington Panzer’s home base?

Yes

Yeah, Avenue Wines on Delaware Avenue. But that’s not where his inventory is.

Thanks for the recs guys. I’m at a function a block away from Moore Bros so I’ll shoot over there this afternoon.

And no, as he seems to work in Pennsylvania.

You can see what Rob has on downtoearthwines.com. Then they are delivered through Avenue Wines, at least I’ve picked up his wines there. Whether they have any on the shelves I don’t know.

Rob Panzer is your best bet. Moore Brothers is ok and Franks Wines at Union St. and Pennsylvania Ave is good but his prices are the highest around. Another small but good shop is Colliers Wine in Centerville but that is about 5 miles north on PA Avenue.

Indeed. Peruse the wines on is website, send him an e-mail and see if you can make arrangements for pick up at the Avenue. Worked like a charm for me too. Rob is most accommodating.
[cheers.gif]

My experience too. And he has a growing portfolio of interesting wines. We just opened a Boulay Sancerre PN (yes it’s a red wine!) that is very nice indeed.