Carmel area wine shop?

I have a friend/client heading to a wedding next Summer. They’re allowed to bring wine (even though the event is at a winery), so I’m looking for a Berserker-friendly establishment to whom I can refer my client.
Any ideas?

The Cheese Shop in downtown Carmel has some nice wines. Many tasting rooms around the area as well selling local wines. Mike Dildine would also be a good person to ask.

The Cheese Shop has a solid selection but the pricing reflects the location in the plaza. Nielsen’s Market down the street on San Carlos has some wines too, but can be hit or miss on selection. Southern Latitude is probably has the fairest values but only stocks Southern Hemisphere wines, they’re now at the Crossroads off HWY 1.

The Wrath tasting room is next door to the Cheese Shop as well. I think some of their wines are quite good. I enjoyed their 2010 Syrahs quite a bit - haven’t tasted recent vintages.

Not a wine shop per se but Windy Oaks has a tasting room in the downtown area.

+1 on The Cheese Shop

T Bone and Taylor hit the high points. Cheese Shop tops a thin list. Also a Bevmo at the Crossroads.

You cats have a name for me at the Cheese Shop?

Kent. Great guy.

For such an affluent area, the Monterey Peninsula is pretty disappointing when it comes to wine shops.
Actually, Passion Fish has the best selection of fine wine at pretty much retail prices.
But I don’t believe they would sell you just wine.

The Cheese Shop has GREAT cheeses and decent wine at top prices.

I would recommend going to the Windy Oaks Tasting Room and trying some wine to pick out your favorite to buy.

TTT

There is a small market close by Nielsen brothers (I think?) where we usually have purchased most of our wine when passing through to Big Sur. I’ve bought everything from Salon to Alban there for regular retail.

Andres Bouchee across the way from plaza! Some gems at better prices than the cheese shop.

How weird/random is that? A wine shop that only stocks Southern Hemisphere wines in Carmel/Monterey?

Ron’s Liquors…? Just checked and it’s now Lopez Liquors and Fine Wines. Never been inside, but they’re just up the street from Nielsens.

Passionfish indeed will not sell you wine to go from the list. I tried.

What kind of wine are you looking for? European, local or???

Lots of wineries in the area. Should be able to find something for any palate. Windy Oaks is tough to beat, though.