TN:11' Blue Mountain Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley

11’ Blue Mountain Chardonnay, Okanagan Valley- Color is star bright, nose is very pure chardonnay, no discernible oak, creamy, lemony, hay, chalk and a whiff of a sweetness on the nose, it doesn’t become vanilla but retains just a touch of sweetness. On the palate it’s dry with slate, lemon curd, cream, bright acid and great balance. It has a long finish and really good weight.
I liked this wine a lot, it shows balance and restraint but not angular, it has a lot of stuffing but has great acid to keep it going, this is very ‘French’ in style and elegance, nothing seems out of balance and all this for $20.

I enjoy Blue Mountain; I have limited experience with their Chardonnay but I have enjoyed almost every Pinot Noir from the property.

I’ve also recently enjoyed this chard (and several bottles of the base Pinot) purchased locally at McCarthy & Schiering - quite impressive offerings given the modest price.

Thanks for the note.

I was at Blue Mountain this past summer. Tasted some wines and purchased some of their Chardonnay and Pinot Noir.

One of the better ones in the Okanagan.

You know things are different at this producer just driving in and seeing the vines. Definitely an old world approach. The sparkling is pretty good too. I can’t say I’ve been totally blown away by Blue Mountain, but they can be very good and then also good value.

Yah one of the best produces in the OK valley… the bubbly is definitely good too…
also good is the reserve/striped label Pinot…

All good points! Their Pinot Gris is terrific, seems like they are expanding as I understood cellar-door sales only? Also see if their Gamay is around.