2009 DEBIASE Russian River Valley Fritschen Vineyard Pinot Noir

Cherries with mixed berry pie and a touch of “candy” on the nose. The palate amplifies the nose and explodes with delicious dark fruits and raspberry with a judicious addition of the candy note in the nose. I normally do not like that "candy’ note in new world Pinot Noir but this is contributes to this wine opposed to detracting from it. Perfect balance of fruit and acidity. Zero alcohol on the palate (although being 14.4%). This wine was a pop and pour that made heads turn. Seamless with a long 40 second + finish. Wow! Do not hesitate to open this now. A delicious Monday night unexpected surprise! (opened for previously unannounced guests). Easy 93 Points.

Very sad that Thomas disappeared.

This was his best wine in my opinion. I had too few bottles. I have a few more 09s and almost a case of his 10 but last time I checked in on the 10 it wasnt close to ready in my opinion.

I see him on facebook but have heard zero about why he stopped making wine. (or at least I think he stopped)

Love the bottles I have had of the 2009. Sadly missed out on the '10. I see Thomas on Facebook all the time, but no news on a new wine or what happened to his project.

he posted on here that a big project was weeks away from being announced. I just searched for it and remind myself of the date and he posted in June. So, no idea what happened to that. I’m still enjoying my DeBiase Pinots too.

I remember working with Thomas way back during 2006 when I started my winemaking journey as a cellar rat at Kosta Browne. Never got to try his wines but this one sounds delish!