Boldizsar does Bern's

I know this is going to sound kind of hokey, but last night was a borderline spiritual experience for me. So much so, that I’m seriously contemplating retiring in Tampa to wine & dine at Bern’s 365 days a year. There’s just no way one can do justice to this place on an online forum; It’s one of those places you truly have to behold in person. To say there were deals to be had on old bottles from lesser-known producers would be an understatement. If offered the chance, be sure to take the guided tour of their kitchen and on-site wine cellar, as they
are unparalleled in every sense of the word. Lastly, be sure to hit up the dessert room on the second floor after dinner. You’re not going to find as many great deals on their dessert wine list, but the private booths and live pianist are a lovely pairing.

[cheers.gif]

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Awesome dude!

Yea yea yea - how were the bathrooms? Clean? Plenty of tissue paper?

Oh, just you wait, Joe. My next thread will be titled “Boldizsar does Bern’s bathroom”.

[snort.gif]

Is one bottle really doing" Bern’s?

[welldone.gif] [worship.gif]

No. That’s why we also did glasses of '79 Crozes-Hermitage, '85 Juliénas, and '78 Wiese & Krohn.

[cheers.gif]

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

No worries bout you cleaning them out. :slight_smile:

$28 for the 82 Monthelie?!?!?!?!?!

Penalty flag - rules violation [oops.gif] - what goes on at Berns stays at Berns. How do we teach these guys with impulse control problems not to ruin it for everyone else.

This was actually debunked by Dr.BigJ. At one point Bern’s did request that people not post, but they did formally change that later.

Bravo. It is an amazing place!

Grasshopper…You ate “chopped steak” aka hamburger?

AND he had it cooked medium. Yuk.

Did you include the price of the wine when calculating the tip?

well played [cheers.gif]

WTG, drinx, an impressive first run

Got-damn chopped steak! If Landreth sees that bill, this thread will go 100 pages.

The one thing to pay attention to there (for the non-FL residents) is that at the end of the night it’s easy to not notice that there already is an auto-grat of 12% on the bill. 20-25% tip later and now you’ve tipped 32%-37% on the total bill which when you actually “do Bern’s” can be a surprise later on.

Ha, after 4 bottles of wine, I did that very thing! I noticed the included gratuity on the receipt the next morning.

That’s not 100% true. They still do not want you to post regarding wines that are not on the list.

After 14 bottles and a 30% tip from each of us, we realized it the next day too. Ouch.