Wine Consigners, Inc.

Has anyone had any recent experience with this outfit? I did a search in this forum and found an old thread about an arrogant reply that they sent to a customer. I was considering buying a particular old-vintage bottle that appears to be in good shape (based upon the photo); however, I am very skittish after reading that thread. Unless others in this forum tell me otherwise, I will likely avoid purchasing anything from them.

Many thanks!

Have bought from them. No complaints

Agreed…have bought there. No complaints.
Only thing is that they will not hold your wine. They ship immediately

They have held wine for me in the past no questions asked.

Another good experience here. Held wine for me as well, never was a problem.

I want to tell you to stay away because I’ve ordered several aged wines at least 20% WS low (6-9 bottles, all in great condition) in the past. Great service and prompt.

I’ve been sorely tempted many a time, but I’ve never pulled the trigger. Something makes me nervous with this outfit.

Ordered before, everything went smoothly and the wines were exactly as described.

On at least 3 occasions I have tried to order wines from them, only to have them raise the price substantially claiming that the listed one was in error. Also, their shipping charges for sub-$500 orders are quite high. Nonetheless they have a deep selection of interesting older bottles.

Thanks to all of you for the info. Based on your comments, I went ahead and ordered the bottle. It is more than $500 so the shipping is free and there is a 4% discount on the bottle price.

Colin

1 Like

Just a follow-up. The bottle was shipped from Beverly Hills on Wednesday, December 18 and received the next day. It was exactly as described and depicted in the photo (a pristine '61 Bordeaux). Although (with a wine 50+ years of age) it is impossible to predict what the tasting experience will be, the product and service from Wine Consigners were outstanding.

Colin

I’ve searched this thread in the past and had a chance to purchase today. Knowing it’s Fu approved is reassuring.

I’ve purchased before and everything was good.

Purchased from them number of times. Able to make an offer is great. They have always been great. No complaints here.

Ditto, great experience within the past few months

It was helpful to read this thread… although the last post was from 2/21.

I just placed a first order with these people today. I will report on how the order fills.

I’ve prob ordered from them 20+ times in the past ~6 years. Consistently good customer service. Hannah is great. Small family operation that will call and text you personally to arrange details.

I’ve had mostly good experiences with wines I’ve bought from them. Occasionally an off bottle but that’s just how it is with older stuff.

I am happy to report 100% satisfaction.

Wine bottles in perfect shape, well packed, and individually wrapped in plastic bags (check x3)

They promised an overnight shipment Next Day Air (check), holding until Monday (check)

It was also a joy to find 6 fairly expensive (to me) bottles of Burgundy Grand Cru that were in inventory, and not “pre arrival”.

Had a nice chat with Hannah. I’ll definitely look to order from them again.

I bought a bottle from them for an event a couple years ago and had it shipped to someone’s offsite and it was very smooth.