Private Preserve

Anyone use this?

Wine Enthusiast Private Preserve Wine Preservation Spray

I have a friend who raves about it.

Do you spray yourself? The wine? I don’t understand. Is this like cologne for the desperately berserk?

Sounds kinky.

Preserves your privates?

Dan, it works but it’s not perfect. Dont believe anyone who talks about a “layer” of inert gas. Basic chemistry.

Keeps wine decently 4 days at the very most at room temp. Longer if poured out into a smaller container first to reduce airspace. Even longer if then put in fridge.

I use it all the time. I like it. But only for short term use (less than a week) and only with refrigerating the unused wine.

Not surprisingly all the old guys are interested in preserving their privates. neener [snort.gif]

Cary, Curtis,
That’s what my initial thoughts were.
I guess if I see it, I will try it out.

Was more interested in how long it keeps wine.

So does formaldehyde

It’s very useful. In combination with a fridge, it can keep old burg reasonably preserved overnight; other than the coravin/pungo type appliances, its the only home device I’m aware of that can do that.

it’s also very useful for pouring off extra wine into a half bottle. If you pour into an ordinary empty bottle, you get a lot of dissolved O2 in your wine from the disturbance of the pour that makes it worse than leaving it in the big bottle in the first place. But if you sparge the half bottle with the private preserve immediately before pouring off, IMO you can really reduce oxidation and can recork the half bottle and preserve it, especially in the fridge, for a week or two.