I decanted my wine. It was corked. How do I clean my decanter?

And stemware?

Put a little bit of Oxyclean in them with some warm water. Let sit for 15 minutes, then rinse out about 20-30 times.

Or just multiple rinses with very hot water.

New decanter.

Birthday soon?

November. Can’t wait that long.

TCA is very volatile. I don’t think there’s a problem unless you are going to use it again right away. If you were thinking of the latter, don’t.

You must drop it in the fires of Mount Doom.

+1. KILL IT WITH FIRE.

I have not mastered the quote thing, but Chris you made my day. Almost snarfed my beer. Thanks got the laugh!

I’m with John, I thought rinsing and a pass through the dishwasher would suffice.

https://www.cleanethics.com

Saw this on Shark Tank.

I rinse mine with the cheap vodka we’ve had in the bar for 10 years. Nothing lives after that.

Decanter in a dishwasher? Unless it has a very wide mouth, I don’t think enough water will get in.

I will get criticism from this group , however if hot water wash doesn’t do it I put straight Clorox or Clorox Cleaner + Bleach in it , swirl around on bottom and RINSE WELL .
Also glass or metal beads will loosen up and stains on bottom , when swirled.

Efferdent with hot water. Let it sit overnight. Then rinse a few times with hot water and hang upside down to drain/dry. It should be fine.

I think it’s pretty easy to clean, have never noticed a problem. I wouldn’t use bleach, but that’s a bias rather than based on any experience.

-Al

If not cleansing fire, then a prolonged rinse with boiling holy water while reciting the proper decantation.

Didn’t we recently cover this?

[cheers.gif]

I use kerosene

True but it gets my fingerprints off

If it’s just TCA all you need are multiple rinses. The heavy duty stuff mentioned above (denture cleaner, etc) is for stains.

Or you could use Caymus 40th… neener