• 9. I hate white wine
  • 10. Ask me about Loire whites
  • 11. Ask me about German Riesling
  • 12. Ask me about CA whites
  • 13. Ask me about Italian whites
  • 14. Ask me about Rhone whites
  • 15. None of the above

0 voters

I LOVE the stuff and pretty have from almost day one. 10% / 98 btls OH, right now 41 Grand Cru / 47 1er Cru / 9 - AOC. Lately I’m buying more 1er Cru and will also ramp up my AOCs. I’ve got around 45 btls of Cote Beaune whites too but I’m, more a Chablis guy. We eat seafood at least twice a week and it pairs wonderfully. The price points - $16 - $45 for the 1ers are great. My favorite producer is Billaud Simon.

0.4%

It would be more if I could get Dauvissat locally, but I can’t.

We do but, I’m not excited about the price jumps since 2009. I stopped buying. Lots of great Chablis out there.

Basically zero. For the most part I have stopped buying white Burgundy all together because of pre-mox. What I do buy is for immediate consumption. The things I do have on hand, in this case Chablis, are less than two cases of mixed de Moor wines, a handful of Dauvissat bottles and maybe one or two others. With the exception of the de Moor, which to my knowledge has not had much in the way of pre-mox problems (if any), all will be consumed in the next month or so.

Kind of what John said. I buy to drink. I don’t cellar the stuff.

0.9%.

I’ve generally got 2-3 bottles of Chablis in, but I typically have more Soave, Macon, German Riesling, Aussie Semillon, Timorasso, NZ Chard …

Nothing against Chablis, but we find it rarely excites, so it’s presence is as a good wine to match suitable food.

I rarely run into premox since drinking up almost all of my older Fevres from 02-05. Great luck with my 02 Billaud Simons. I’m not looking for marathon btl age either. I have two 02s, five 04s, nine 05s. Keeping an eye on my 06s and trying to drink through those. I have one 2000 Fevre Clos left from 4 total and all of those have been stellar.

0,25 % (around 15 bottles)

Went to 0 yesterday when my wife opened up a bottle. It probably won’t be at that level very long.

just under 5%
I also love the stuff, especially with months containing an r

Mostly Louis Michel, a few cases mixed back to 2008, and a few mags of Clos. I tiny bit of Dauvissat but too expensive for me now to feel good about it. I do like deMoor and have enjoyed a handful of them over the years but I drank it all.

just shy of 10%. Small amounts of Raveneau and a little more Dauvissat, together with Piuze, Fevre, Bessin, Moreau and Pommier (a relatively new discovery, delicious and great value). Need to seek out some Louis Michel and would buy more Laurent Tribut if if were more readily available. Also a fan of Billaud Simon.

Its my favorite white burg for its combination of sheer deliciousness, ability to age beautifully and with complexity, relative value and (for me at least) much less Pox than other white burg appellations.

Right around 5%. Mostly Dauvissat, Brocard and Raveneau.

Not enough

+1

Too low, but growing.

29 bottles.
Rounds to Zero percent

About 10%. I wish more of it was Dauvissat but since the 2010 increase in price I’ve mostly gone for Picq, Fevre, Michel and Droin.

Almost 3% or 64 bottles. Some Raveneau and a few others.