What do you follow an '82 Bordeaux with???

I had a couple days of back-to-back training and returning home felt like a cause for celebration…so I opened my last '82 Les Ormes De Pez. It was wonderful with the steak, onion, and mushroom with a side of green beans. Yet when it was gone…I still wanted more. So I thought I’d see where people would go here after such a wine…

I’ll share my answer after there’s been a few answers. Doug S. probably can already guess where I went…given how often we taste wines together…but I’d love to hear others thoughts.

The '82 Bordeaux showed wonderfully with medium acid, medium tannin, medium fruit, and a strong urge to drink it far faster than it should be given the enjoyment that I get from this wine whenever I open one.

An '83 Bordeaux?

We should drink together more often! :slight_smile:

Climens

An '85 Burgundy? Or an older dessert-style Loire Chenin.

Oyster Bay

1945 Bordeaux!! [cheers.gif]

Burgundy.

for me 4 possibilities:

• a really mature Burgundy, but of at least the same quality level (1985 or older)
  • a mature Southern Rhone wine, at least of the same quality (1990 or older)
  • a fine dessert wine (Sauternes, Maury, Banyuls, Austrian or German TBA or Eiswein … Port …)
  • Champagne (top-Cuvee)

Alex, I’ll take “and now for something completely different” for eight hundred:

Bartlett Blueberry Something-Or-Other?
Musar?

Based on having seen some of your notes.

Ding ding ding

'94 Togni

You sir, should come up to Maine for a glass of wine. [berserker.gif]

I was actually thinking 85 Bordeaux. Or you could just get into the port or brandy and just go for it

another 82 bordeaux

Cantillon.

I love sour beer after large wine tastings.

Same here. I find that it actually makes for — dare I say — a refreshing experience!