Torrin on deck

The Reserved Allocation of the Spring Release of the 2012 Vintage for Torrin is headed your way March 3rd through March 7th. The 2011 Vintage sold out upon each allocated release so we hope that the 2011 Vintage is resting nicely in your cellar or perhaps in your memories at this point in time, thank you so much for your continued support.

Tasting notes on 2011?

I spaced out last release and forgot to grab my allocation. I’m not going to make that mistake this time around.

Love everything Torrin makes.

Torrin is live today…

Price went up to $68 per bottle. It was $62 for quite some time. I was surprised to see my allocation was higher after how much we’ve heard of crops in Paso being down so much in 2012.

Nice price compared to Saxum and Clos Solene

Purposely skipped the Fall offer and inavertently failed to order the Spring offer last year so I will be looking for wine on Monday with the rest of the mailing list. Will call Viquel after the release is complete to see what it takes to get my allocation spot back. My fault in getting bumped. [head-bang.gif]

I tasted the 2011 Torrin Law Vineyard (73% syrah with 27% grenache) and the 2011 Maven (predominately grenache with about 10% syrah, as I recall).
Both were big wines, showed some sweetness, but with a streak of acidity that keeps them lively and carries the richness of the fruit. The Law vineyard syrah had a bit of a port like richness to it. Both showed some heat, particularly as they warmed up from cellar temperature to room temperature.

The current offer is for the 2012s.

In the “for what it’s worth category,” the website has excerpts of reviews from Jeb Dunnuck of the WA. Scores to barrel samples of the 2012s were in the mid to high 90s.

Snagged a few as I always do. I get a fairly generous allocation, just don’t have the cash to go deep.

Is there any discernible style difference from Nicora?

Just popped a 2010 Maven. Wow, a very well balanced wine with a great nose, and equal fruit and structure. Well made - I’m putting my order in now.

Good to know Scott, I have a couple each of the 9,10&11s… I need to get my order in.

Man, I was avoiding this thread. With a partnership buy-in looming, I’m having to rethink my wine purchasing and I am paring down my clubs. I just put 4 bottles in my cart, but I am still wavering.

k.

Came home from baseball practice tonight and there was a UPS Door Tag on my front door.

No email letting me know this shipped, good thing my UPS/FedEx/GSO guys know that my neighbor is a good friend and ok to sign and leave my wine with him.

Got my case of Torrin, off to the offsite tomorrow.