Retailer Check: Prime Cellar in CA

Checking up on Prime Cellar in Burlingame CA; has anyone purchased from them? Looking for positive feedback.

[cheers.gif]

Hi, I hope this is not inappropriate to respond to this post (my apologizes if it is), but since we’re a new company I thought I would give you a little background about myself and the company and hopefully a happy client (or several) will chime in as well. Prime Cellar was launched in August of this past year, at this moment, we’re primarily bringing to the market the wines of one big collector. I’ve actually been selling wine to her for years, and trying desperately to convince her to sell some of her collection, and finally the timing was right. Almost her entire collection was bought on release from various retailers and importers. The wines have been stored in a professional off-site storage facility for years and we’ve recently moved to a new warehouse and are in the process of inventorying, cataloging and organizing the wine (we moved 16 pallets of Burgundy today…hoping to get those on the website in the next few weeks). The temperature in the cellar is 55-60 degrees and humidity controlled. We’re buying a bit from local distributors and starting to buy directly from overseas merchants and importing ourselves.

I’ve been in the wine industry for about 10 years, I started at the Wine House in San Francisco, then Premier Cru and then Hart Davis Hart in Chicago. I’m happy to talk wine or answer any questions about Prime Cellar or any specific wines you’re interested in.

Cheers,
Leah Nishi

Sales Manager
Prime Cellar
650-479-4631
www.primecellar.com

I have bought and sold a lot of wine with Leah over the years. At her previous positions and with Prime cellar (recently). honorable, trustworthy, knowledgable. she’s good people and does a great job.

I bought a bottle from them recently, great service, perfect bottle. I was happily surprised to be dealing with Leah, who was equally helpful in her years at Premier Cru. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy from them.

Leah you’re in my neighborhood! I’ll come by and visit later today.

champagne.gif

Hi Daniel,

I’m not at the office today, we’re digging out pallets of Burgundy and Rhone wine now…rain check for another day?

We don’t have a brick and mortar store, but we use the owner’s corporate office for pick ups, they keep me locked away in the warehouse :slight_smile:

thanks!
Leah

Are you constantly adding wine from this person’s cellar or is that all of it?

Hi Travis,

We’re adding a lot, there is much more to come. What’s on the site now is the first pass of the CA cellar and Bordeaux cellar, plus a few Champagnes and Burgs. I’m hoping to start getting the Rhones and bulk of the Burgundy on the site in the next few weeks. I’m also buying a lot now, so we’ll have more wines soon.

If there is anything you’re looking for, please let me know.
thanks
Leah