How do you PAY for your wine? ... What's your trade?

Hoping this thread is not too intrusive but as I see folks here post their daily drinkers and some are soaring into $300+ wines … I am just very curious what profession (that I should have picked :slight_smile: … ) is allowing you to enjoy this great (expensive) hobby.

Also … how you’re budgeting wine? Most you spend per bottle and your averages?

Double income, no kids.

Perhaps you might get more responses if you made a poll.

I put Thunder-Bucket on display and charge two bits a gander.

With money.

My wine expenditures are less than 2% of my income. It’s not that big of a deal.

I sell time.

Want more, I work more.

I live on the residuals from my hit music video…

The producers accidentally spelled it “Antoine Dodson” but you can tell it’s obviously my name.

I’m an exotic dancer

Time, time, hear the bells chime
Over the harbor and the city
Time to kill another bottle of wine
To help paralyze that tiny little…tick, tick, tick, tick

(Chrissie Hynde, Pretenders)

RT

On a slightly more serious note, I work a blue collar job, so sticking to a strict budget is a must. Living in Chicago has allowed me to scour many retail locations in search of great deals. If I took a hard look into my wine finances, I’d say the most I’ve spent on a single bottle was $400. For a wine I’ve actually opened, I think $135 is still holding. On average, I’m looking at around $40 a bottle. I usually drink through 3-4k worth of wine a year. Last year was a particularly good year. I actually ended the year having made more money from wine than I spent drinking it.

champagne.gif

Someone’s either drinking swill or making some serious bank.

[snort.gif]

Well I don’t drink swill. [cheers.gif]

So that’s why you’re always paying with singles!

[snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Two words: sugar momma.

I drive a 17-year-old compact Honda–at least that’s how I justify things.

I raid the bank accounts of people who post questions on WB.

What a coincidence! I use one of those to drive around my cellar.

champagne.gif

I retired from one job and got another one doing consulting.

BTW, double posting here and CT is a bit tiresome. Most of us frequent both boards and this is a rough crowd, think the Brooklyn docks, well maybe Jersey. [snort.gif]