TN: 2004 Chasseur Chardonnay Sangiacomo Vineyard.

Chasseur makes fabulous chardonnays. Here are three notes on this wine, spanning three years.

[*]2004 Chasseur Chardonnay Sangiacomo Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Carneros (11/5/2006)
Wow… here’s a California chardonnay that demands to be let into the party with Aubert / Kistler and others (haven’t yet had Kongsgaard or P Michaels chards, but I suppose they’re there, too). A wonderful, refreshing nose of green apple, a hint of tropical fruit, and an undertone of fresh brioche. It really delivers in the mouth: rich, full, dare I use the RPism ‘unctuous’, even for a chardonnay… Green apple takes the lead, with minerals and a deft touch of oak, and most importantly, incredible balance. Man this is good. If it had that additional element of hazelnuts or nut oil this would easily be 95 ponits on my scale, maybe more. Fantastic! And for the price, well, it just can’t be beat. (93 pts.)[/list]
Posted from CellarTracker

[*]2004 Chasseur Chardonnay Sangiacomo Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Carneros (6/6/2007)
As good as the first bottle… this stuff is fantastic! I should add to that TN of 11/06 that the finish is very strong and elevates the wine to the truly outstanding category. (94 pts.)

• 2004 Chasseur Chardonnay Sangiacomo Vineyard - USA, California, Sonoma County, Carneros (10/2/2009)
    This wine has done beautifully over the past few years. Very cloudy green-gold color. Initially a somewhat off-putting odor of fermented fruit, but this blew off after half an hour. Then wonderful scents of pear, green apple, brioche, flowers, minerals. A very full bodied wine on the palate with impeccable balance, with acidity up front and center to make it fresh and superb with dinner. A very impressive finish. This is on the level of of the best California chardonnays. A magnificent achievement for Chasseur. Fantastic. (94 pts.)

Chasseur is one of the great producers, IMVHO

Great notes, Barnet. I have only had this wine once and I fully agree with your notes and scores. It is a stunner. '04 was very good to Chasseur. Their '04 Sylvia’s Vineyard Pinot is prettd darn good also.

I have several SVD Chardonnays from Chasseur, but, unfortunately, not Sangiacomo!

Couldn’t agree more. Nice to see the 04 hold up so well. I really liked the 04 and 05 and thought they were terrific wines. The 06’s for both pinot and chards were a step down.

It seems like 07 is going to be a great year for Chasseur. $ 38.50 for the 07 Sang Chard is just a great value. Can’t wait to get these when it cools down.

Just received an email from BP Wine about a ‘broker bankruptcy’, and Chasseur is featured in it, with '06 UMINO Pinot RRV at $34.95, plus '06 Lorenzo Chard at $28.95.

(No affiliation, etc, just a fan of Chasseur, and sad to see any possibility of them going under - hopefully it is just their broker, indeed)