Retailer check:Getwineonline.com

Anybody dealt with this company? How are shipping costs? TIA

Have attempted to buy from them twice and both times I have received an email (about a week after placing the order) that the wine was no longer available. I doubt I’ll give them a third chance.

I’ve never ordered from them until today. They have 2010 Caparzo Brunello di Montalcino for what seemed like a good price ($30) so I decided to give it a try. I already have a tracking number. Will repost when the wine arrives.

The wine arrived on the 20th, no problems.

I ordered from these guys about a month ago. They emailed me that they didn’t have as many bottles as I’d ordered, so I just took what they did have. When it arrived it was a different wine than what I’d ordered. They said it was mislabeled and, after a couple requests, sent me return shipping labels. They received the wine 3 weeks ago and I have yet to see a refund. I’ve been busy so I haven’t emailed them about it until this morning, but this is something they should already be on top of. I wouldn’t order from them again and wouldn’t recommend them.

I just ordered a probably-too-good-to-be-true deal on that site, and sure enough, they came back later saying they were out of stock but wanted to see if I was interested in something else.

No real harm beyond some wasted time, but it’s another data point to suggest this is probably a barely legit type of operation. Over the years, there have seemed to be a number of New Jersey online retailers with this model, where they post almost exaggeratedly good deals on the internet to get customers to bite, then see if they can bait and switch them into things they really offer.

I can’t speak to what they offer online, but this is a solid brick-and-mortar store in New Rochelle NY and a couple of former coworkers were buyers there.

Isn’t this one of those places that posts entire distributor lists on wine-searcher?

It looks like it, because many purchases are “case only”

Yeah, I stay far away from retailers who do that.