SQN Offering

Anyone know about the timing of the Spring release? I hope I didn’t miss it somehow.

What would this release consist of? I have only been on the list since summer offer of the syrah and Grenache.

Thanks

Late last February, the Spring release was the Stockholm Syndrome box which was the estate syrah and grenache and In the Abstract, a white Rhone blend. I checked my order from last year and the deadline was in early March. I sent an email to SQN but haven’t heard back yet.

I’m guessing that Manfred’s accident and recovery are a priority over meeting offer letter deadlines. I haven’t seen any letter yet either and am not too worried about it.

Cheers,
fred

Fred,

That’s what I was assuming as well but I wanted to be sure I hadn’t missed anything. I find that if I don’t address these types of things when they come to my attention they are easily forgotten.

James

On 2/23/15 i received an email asking if I was still interested in being on the mailing list, since I’ve been on the waiting list for 9 years. When I replied yes I was, I received a reply stating that they will be back in touch in the next few weeks, so that leads me to believe that the offer should be soon.

David

9 years!

Supposed to be around now - but I’m sure Elaine & Manfred have more pressing issues at the moment

I think my wait was 9-ish years. And the offering was Stockholm Syndrome. Talk about poetic…I’m giving it a shot.

On a related note, I got a FedEx notice today and the tracking info looks like it is the fall offering inbound. I will see tomorrow, I suppose.

Cheers,
fred

I think NoK is about now too, no? I hope Manfred is doing well - I’m sure sales and label art are not high priority right now, but surely the wine making continues as the seasons dictate… just got fedex notice of incoming Andremily- can’t wait to try these!

9 years!!! So, I only have another 6 years to go.
:frowning:.

I’m really hoping I get lucky like some other people on here that have gotten on the list a little earlier. I have a feeling my chances of winning the lottery may be a little but better though.

Lo and behold, without any other form of communication about delivery, the fall offering of Stock, Stein, and …And An Eight-Track arrived today (I did not receive an offer for the Chardonnay that I think was in that bundle as well for longer-time customers). Signs of commerce from SQN.

Cheers,
fred

And the new offering e-mail just arrived as well. It contains the 2011 Estate Syrah and Grenache and 2013 White Wine. Available until March 24.

And I just got this email:

Dear Wine Lover~

This courtesy e-mail is to let you know that yesterday we mailed out our latest offering letter to you. It is for our 2011 ESTATE Syrah and Grenache & 2013 White Wine. As a valued member of our mailing list family we want to be absolutely sure that you won’t overlook that brown envelope. Please be on the lookout for it. If you would rather not wait you may simply go to > http://www.sinequanon.com > to view your allocation and place your order which is available to you until Tuesday, March 24, 2015.

So how does the estate Syrah and Grenache differ from the syrah and grenache that should be showing up at my doorstep any moment now?

All of the fruit in the Estate wines comes from Eleven Confessions Vineyard. Some of the fruit in the fall offering comes from other vineyards. The Estate wines have thus far been aged longer in barrel (although the Krankls don’t refer to the wines as extended barrel aged, many consumers do).

Plus wish list for “The Art of SQN” book…….did anyone get an allocation for this, or is it all wish list? I can wish list up to 3.

Thanks. I had heard about the EBA wines, but didn’t know if these were those.

Anybody with extra bottles let me know, thank you.

Are there notes on the wines in this offer?
I could not find “the letter” online
(not sure if they publish it online…)

Jeb’s notes:

Grenache

Deeper and richer, the not yet bottled 2011 Grenache No Name As Of Yet comes exclusively from the Eleven Confessions Estate vineyard that’s located on the eastern edge of the Sta. Rita Hills. Made from 77% Grenache and 23% Syrah, fermented with 25% whole clusters and aged 33 months in 11% new French oak, this beauty should flirt with perfection once in bottle. Cassis, smoked herbs, white chocolate, melted licorice and meat juices are just some of the nuances here, and it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, high, yet sweet tannin, and incredibly purity of fruit. I like the tannin quality a smidge more here than in the Dark Blossom, and this will have two decades of longevity.

Syrah

In the same league, the 2011 Syrah No Name As of Yet is the extended-aged version of the Syrah, and it will spend a whopping 39 months in 63% new French oak. Almost all Syrah (1.5% Roussanne and 1% Viognier), it possesses a slightly deep color to go with similar aromas and flavors of blackcurrants, smoked meats, toasted spice and ground pepper. Full-bodied, deep, rich and concentrated, with thrilling purity, ripe tannin and a big finish, it should benefit from short-term cellaring and evolve gracefully for upward of two decades.

White wine

The 2011 White Wine “No Name as of Yet” is a gorgeous, focused wine. Bright veins of minerality frame hints of tangerine, honeysuckle, mint, white flowers and apricots. In 2011, the cold year produced a white of unusual energy and tension for Sine Qua Non, rather than the lush style that is typical here. The use of Petit Manseng (for the first time) also gives the wine an additional element of salinity and sheer brightness. I have to say, this is a style I find very exciting. At the same time, the 2000 The Hussy and 2001 Albino, which are quite a bit richer, have both aged spectacularly well, so it is pretty clear Krankl excels in all styles. Anticipated maturity: 2013-2021.