TN: 2012 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Momtazi Vineyard

• 2012 Kelley Fox Wines Pinot Noir Momtazi Vineyard - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, McMinnville (4/10/2015)
    Needs about an hour decant time at this point. Medium darkish color with pretty ruby/crimson edges that are purple on the very fringe. A reserved nose of spicy red raspberries and orange zest brings immediate if not an assertive fruit presence. This one has a quiet vibrant forward motion in place of attack. Palate shows deft balance with the tartness I really dig. An interesting ‘minerality’ and a very buoyant type of acidity that brings an blunt edge. Finish is long and consistent. This is a serious wine whereas the Kelley Fox Mirabai of the same vintage is more playful. It’s both contemplative and beguiling with it’s elegance and poise. Nice job on this. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I just received two cases from Storyteller today and now you are giving me more suggestions for wines to order. Just what I need.

Got one case from storyteller today, including the 2013 Mirabai. It’s a good day.

Also pobegad a 2013 Walter Scott Chard, which is awesome.

Which one? Hard to resist the 12’s now.

Cuvée Anne. Just polished off the bottle and so far my white wine of the year. So vibrant and delicious. Gets my wife’s approval as well, which isn’t easy.

The 12 reminds me of a Chassagne Montrachet.

Contemplative and beguiling… I gotta get me some of that [cheers.gif]

lol, Bob.
I found myself really thinking of what I was finding and than why I was liking it. It was very different than what I have experienced as of yet, hence the contemplative and beguiling comment. I knew it sounded geeky but I went for it anyway. I ain’t gonna stop now. :slight_smile:

Agree with your note. Recently had this in a blind tasting and wasn’t the front runner initially, but after about an hour or so this took off. Tart and elegant. Will have to get my hands on more.