Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée

• 2009 Domaine du Comte Liger-Belair Vosne-Romanée - France, Burgundy, Côte de Nuits, Vosne-Romanée (5/10/2015)

The 2009 Vosne-Romanée village comes from twelve different parcels situated in the north, west and south of the appellation. Harmonious with all of its components in balance. It has a lovely and gentle texture with subtle tannins and acidity, layered with sweet red, dark berry fruits and a touch of spices.

Posted from CellarTracker

Agree generally. Great wine for a village, but it is quite structured behind the obvious fruit, so real maturity estimated from 2022 to 2030+ …

Not sure Gerhard. This Vosne village was less weighty and structured compared to the V-R - Clos du Chateau and Colombiere from CLB.

Ok - see you in 2022 …
[cheers.gif]

And priced so reasonably, too.

What’s the price ?

$200 in Europe, more in the states.

Sure it´s an absolute Top-domaine … the wines are rare, and retailers cut quite a heavy margin here …
On the other hand: who writes a TN must have either purchased a bottle - or got served one …
(so no recs here for a “bargain” … neener - just for the quality)

Gerhard, this was an exciting discovery on a wine list in Trier for 90 euro !!!

Not even close to release. If people don’t want to pay the grey markrt price I understand. But lets not label wines as overpriced based on them.

Barry

did you get any resinny high quality oak character?
Tried 2 2008s and they are a tad oak driven atm

thanks
michel

Thank you.
This is under 100 in the US and well under 100 abroad. Reignots was barely over 200 here. L-B is remarkably well-priced I think (which means the normal price and secondary spread is large and I will buy all day long at the former and never at the latter)

Michel, no oak character …

Think from 2008 the CLB wines are more aromatic, less tannic but with more elegant fruit, subtle, with lovely purity of Pinot Noir.

I received an offer for 2010 and 2012 La Romanée today. $11,500/3-pack. I told my daughter college is over-rated.

Agreed. This is about €30 ex-domaine - for those that have supported the domaine since its very early days…

Hi Bill. I bought bottles here in the US in the domaine’s first vintage. Where do I sign up for the €30 bottles?

Must have been 35 € + TVA (if I remember correctly …) for the 2009 - now it´s at least 40+ for 2012/13 …

Sure, but most of us never see any L-B at “normal” pricing.

Mike ,
your 11’ 12’ VR still under $100 ? [thumbs-up.gif]