TN: 2004 André-Michel Brégeon Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Gorges

• 2004 André-Michel Brégeon Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine Gorges - France, Loire Valley, Pays Nantais, Muscadet de Sèvre-et-Maine (5/31/2015)
    Really happy to get to open one of these again…it’s been 3 years since I last had it. What I loved about it then (citrus + saline + minerals) are all still there. The saline note seems a bit more muted this time, but the void is filled by some really plush floral notes that were nice. The palate needed time to open up (as is the case with a lot of the Muscadet I drink, the final glass was the best) and, in retrospect, I should have decanted this from the start. Great grip, with what felt like buzzing acidity from start to finish. Not a ton of fruit to speak of, but a nice variety of florals and stone. Wish it was easier to find the Gorges cuvee from Bregeon - to me, it’s one of the benchmark wines coming out of Muscadet. (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Brégeon Muscadet Gorges 2015 : 15,5/20
A superb melon de Bourgogne, salty, ripe/fresh, with a good density. Thought petit Chablis. Oysters are welcome !

If I remember correctly, the 2004 had some serious lees aging on it, perhaps 2-4 years? And possibly additional aging in glass lined tanks?

Did that stop when Lallier took over and do the new wines see that same regimen?

The 2004 was my first introduction to the ageability of muscadet.