1999 Leroy Pucelles

Picked up a bottle of what was offered as…1999 DOMAINE Leroy Les Pucelles from PC(in stock! [dance-clap.gif] )……….I’m pretty sure this one is going to be Maison? Have any of you had this before….or even seen a Pucelles from Leroy?

It still blows me away that retailers still can’t get this domaine/maison thing right? They listed this one Domaine…then right under it a 96 Maison Charmes?

Beat me to it! Congrats!

Definitely Maison - Domaine Leroy doesn´t own any vines in Puligny …

However - I had some excellent white Maison wines, Puligny Folatieres, Meursault Perrieres and Genevrieres and Blagny … sure should be cheaper than Domaine …

I missed this and I was sad.

I saw it, but bought the 96 Leroy Charmes Chambertin instead. Let us know when you open, if any good.

I got beat as well; they usually don’t make this kind of mistake. But still, at the price, probably worth it (though I would’ve been disappointed to discover it was not Domaine).

Smart one Dave……maybe YOUR’S will be Domaine….and mine the Maison?! [wow.gif]

Yes, and it was Maison! Opened two bottles of the 99 Leroy Pucelles, one was stunning, the other completely oxidized.

both maison anyways :wink:

Buzz, there was a reason I did not purchase the Pucelles. Back in March, I purchased a couple bottles of the 1999 Leroy Meursault Poruzots from PC. Took one of the bottles to my friend Jeff Nowak’s house, there were 5 of us packing up his wine cellar prior to his move. As they say there are only good bottles, but then there are old bottles. Either the wine was past it’s prime or was just no comparison to the other bottle I brought, a nice 2012 Roulot Meursault. I was not drinking so just took the opinion of the other 4. Similar experience with a couple other mags-either Oxidized or downhill spiral…

Well….definitely depends on the bottle…and I wouldn’t rule out a completely different wine……for the money, well worth the flyer imo……especially with Leroy having a pretty good track record in non pox. And if Nowak didn’t like the wine……I’m probably 95% sure I will!! neener

[cheers.gif]

Had a couple of 99 and 95 Maison Leroy Puligny Montrachet villages at Joel Robuchon in Vegas 1-2 years back. They were nicely aged white burgs. Not mind blowing but not oxidized either. I think the price you paid is well worth the risk for a 99 Pucelles.

I don’t understand buying Maison Leroy wines at the prices charged. Always seems like lots of premium for the Leroy tag.

Agreed. She’s laughing to the bank. Walking around cellars with bottled wine and slapping labels on them. “I will magically transform this $40 burgundy to $200!” slaps Leroy label on a shiner

Can’t tell if you’re being facetious or serious but where are you finding Pucelles from any maker for $40?

They’re pretty good for what they are. Not $200 for village good (what is?) but $100 for 99 Pucelles and 95 and 99 Villages off the list for sub $100 at Joel Robuchon in Vegas isn’t so bad a markup.

Well……never mind now….another one up the A-hole from PC…no bottle for me! I never got any confirmation or even an email about it being sold out…….so I just called to see what was up……I guess my order went through, but were sold out somewhere along the way. Would have been nice to at least get an email? [beatoff.gif]

Here’s a better question. Would you spend $100 on a random producer’s 99 pucelles that you have never heard of?

happens all the time. no order confirmation = no sale at PC

No. Because it might be premoxed.

I’d probably spend $100 on 99 Olivier and Domaine Leflaive Pucelles or Boillot Pucelles though.

Buzz, my bottle was confirmed. Sorry about yours.

Does Madame Leroy need the money? Probably not. I think her partner at Leroy has deep pockets. If you ever get the chance to see her cellar—amazing.