TN: 2014 Sandlands Blush (USA, California)

2014 Sandlands Blush - USA, California (6/22/2015)
Refreshing, dry, crisp rosé that has pretty berry aromas and a hint of cucumber. It’s very much a warm summer night type of wine.

Posted from CellarTracker

Thanks D
We’ll open one this week.

Sounds delicious

David, thx for the note – ready to go now?

Totally

We loved this wine last night but it grew in the stems over the hour or more it was open. Just delicious: 2/3rds Lodi Cinsault and 1/3rd Grenache from Loomis, CA.
image.jpg

Thanks for the note David. I pulled one from storage the other day, and have been debating on whether or not I should open it yet.

Guess that answers it for me - Looking forward to popping it this weekend!

Rich

While I love a lot of Tegan’s stuff this one was just okay for me. We power drink rose around here during the summer and while it’s an absolutely a solid bottle of wine, in the end it was just a rose. I much preferred the The Withers, Matthiasson and Liquid Farm. YMMV.

That said we also recently popped a '13 Carignane and it was off the charts ridic.

I’ve enjoyed much of what I’ve had from Sandlands, too, but I’m with Taylor here - this was just okay for me. Didn’t have the cut/energy that I look for in rose. Frankly, I’ve been having lots of bad luck with rose lately.

I’d like to have not uncorked this until next summer. Still very enjoyable.

I loved this one as you can see from my OP. I really did not like the Liquid Farm Rosé. The Matthiasson was outstanding as usual.

Wines like this interest me. What should I know about Sandlands?

thank you

[cheers.gif]

We opened one at the end of June. My rosé-hating friend immediately asked where he could buy it.

Tegan Passalacqua is also the winemaker at Turley.

https://www.sandlandsvineyards.com/about