Favre-a-thon 4.0

The Favre-a-thon 4.0 took place this weekend in San Francisco. Jon will likely start a thread, but I’ll get us started with Friday night’s Champagne and whites. Friday’s reds now added.

FARVE-A-THON 4.0 - (7/10/2015)

We also had the 89 and 11 Richebourg, but I didn’t get notes. A little help??

Posted from CellarTracker

Looking at Edson’s photos I jizzed in my pants.

Some things you shouldn’t share.

Was going to create a thread with the only comment being “didn’t go this year :frowning:

I’m not sure how they can even enjoy all those trophies in one weekend. Between the young wines, small trophy pours, and lack of attention, seems so wasteful.

Looking forward to 8/15!

Just for the record, we actually had decent pours (given we had a lot of bottles and didn’t need huge pours), there was no lack of attention, and virtually no waste.

You were missed.

I did send another Chinese in my place. I texted him to check if he packed a v-neck but he said he wanted to dress appropriately for you guys [snort.gif]

I think people chatted more with Fu via text on Friday than they did with the person next to them. You were there in spirit! Great wines with even better people. Wonderful weekend of friendship, food and great wine.

Kaboom! I have to get my thoughts down and add some pictures. The 4th year organizing a weekend like this and it seems to keep getting better :slight_smile:.

Brad - we haven’t met yet. Not an ounce of “truth” in my post! I might cook with La Tache when Favre comes here just so I can post and say I made chili WITH La Tache.
Achim sent me pics - looks like a great time. Did that huge giant guy get bigger pours?

La Tache mushrooms are my speciality :slight_smile: - jk… You need to let me know what needs to be dug out for when we’re there next month [cheers.gif]!

The giant guy and favre usually only give themselves one pour. a 6oz one each. [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Only when it’s your wine.

So what happens to the poor bastards who enjoy and drink premier crus burgs? Do they go to the Stimson a thon in Tukwilla and shut off their social media?

But Fu’s wines were both oxidized so why would you want a large pour of that? :wink:

So sad I’m going to miss it.

I’ll try to post notes later but in the meantime here are some of the pix:
IMAG1429.jpg
IMAG1419.jpg
IMAG1431.jpg

IMAG1423.jpg
IMAG1446.jpg
IMAG1436.jpg

I misread the thread title as “Favre-a-thong” so I’m a little underwhelmed by all this wine stuff.