TN: 2011 La Clarine Farm White (USA, California, Sierra Foothills)

• 2011 La Clarine Farm White - USA, California, Sierra Foothills (7/24/2015)
    I thought I liked this a couple years ago……but it just isn’t doing it for me now…….tastes like and IPA with robitussin, down wind from a garbage dump! Some decent bright acidity…the pine and lemon are interesting….but from the chunks of stuff floating in the bottle, and the occasional whiffs of garbage dump….it’s just not pleasing. Down the drain it goes… (75 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Kind of dark colored, was it oxed?

That pic was from 3/13 when I first had it……there are no ox notes at all….just a weird unfined/unfiltered/natural style wine. I like weird…but this just isn’t good to me.

I have only heard good things about La Clarine reds. I often wonder about natural wines…

• 2011 La Clarine Farm White - USA, California, Sierra Foothills (1/12/2020)
    Well…I had wrote this wine off some 5 years ago, as you can see from my last tn…a spoiled wine! The wife needed a white for Coq au Vin and grabbed one of these from two I had left from release. My first thought was MAN…this dinner gunna suck! The wine looked pretty clean, so I gave it a taste…WOW…what a turnaround! Just like I first had it…crisp and fresh with yellow pitted fruits…fresh squeeze lemon acidity…tropical-ness of banana skin wax, coconut creme pie…very intriguing pine needles, honeysuckle, smoked herbs, mineral funk, butter rum spice nuances. Reminds me of some SQN whites, yet in a more delicate, weightless, fresh citrus way. Still a bunch of “chunks” and stuff floating around the bottom of the bottle, but that I guess doesn’t harm. Super happy again…very tasty wine! Never know what you’ll get with these nat wines! (92 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Awww, Buzz…you just don’t get natural wines. This is the way they’re supposed to taste! Get with the program.
Tom