Horse Ridge Cellars

I know a thread a few yrs back briefly touched on Horse Ridge Cellars for off-site storage. Currently living in the Boston area but tempted to store off site at Horse Ridge in CT as it will allow me to have receive retail shipments (currently a no no in MA) as opposed to down the road in Natick.

Plan would be for longer term storage with most of my drink on the next 3-5yr stored in my unfinished basemen. So limited bottles out but plan on having most shipments sent there.

Are people still happy with them?
Is it easy to physical pick up / drop off if needed?
They seem to be reasonably priced, am I missing anything I need to be aware of?
Other thoughts / Advice.

Thanks in advance
Jason

Conflict of interest, as the owner is in my tasting group, but all my experiences, and those I know of have been great. The place is kind of in the middle of nowhere, but it’s a pretty drive. You can do pick up/drop off during normal business hours.

No conflict – I have been happy. They are very responsive.

They are great.

I’ve been using them for years and I’ve been very happy. Jed’s a great guy. I didn’t know you could do pick up or drop off. I thought it was delivery only.

They need advance notice. I don’t know. Maybe it’s for tasting group buddies, but I don’t think so.

Thanks for all the replies. I am going to give them a call next week and discuss my options.

-Jason

Another nothing-but-positive recommendation. And I have had several situations where “advanced notice” became “can this get out today?” and they have been accommodating beyond expectation.

I used them for temporary storage in a four-month lull between the sale of one house and the purchase of another. They delivered boxes to my house, showed up exactly on time to load the wine onto a (temp-controlled) truck and put it in storage, showed up exactly on time when they redelivered the wine, treated it all flawlessly, and even offered a payback when I was able to swing by with the HRC-labeled boxes. I thought everything was very reasonably priced and their service was impeccable.

I’ve no idea about them as a long-term storage solution, but I was very happy with the service, Jed, and all his employees.

Plus your wine will be able to survive a nuclear war. I envision the last man and woman on earth staggering out of a radioactive hellscape to drink perfectly aged Burgundy, the last remnants of civilization.

15 miles from my house. It’s where I am going when the end comes.

Big fan here.

Good operation. Highly recommended.

[rofl.gif] [rofl.gif] [rofl.gif]

Having been to the facility, that made me spit my wine.

No…easy pick up and drop off with sufficient notice.