2002 Le Cadeau

Enjoyed this evening with grilled pork tenderlion topped with grilled pineapple and truffle asparagus. What a delight of a wine. Floral nose with wild cherries, raspberry and beautiful wild mushrooms. Still some tannin that leads into this lovely long finish that slowing fades away. Really holding up well at age 13. And considering, this is the first vintage of Le Cadeau. Nicely done. Should hold for a few more years and maybe even improve. 92 pts.

You either bought a boatload of these, or have greater patience than I (or both). A great inaugural effort, and one of my favorites of Tom’s wines.

My favorite LeCadeau of all time.

I bought 6 on release and worked through those over the years. Was able to source a few from a retailer in Colorado maybe 5 years ago and then sourced 9 from various auctions. Inventory says I have 5 on hand. Will probably enjoy them over the next 5 - 10 years.

If you have any 05s, these are just starting to show their potential, especially the Rocheux.

Did enjoy a 2012 Rocheux Reserve over the weekend and was really open for business. Great nose and blueish flavors with red peaks. This should drink well for many years.

Had one of these about a year ago. Agree that it is aging beautifully. I stopped buying Le Cadeau after they started making the vineyard designated bottlings; just too much to buy if I wanted multiple bottles of each.