Frigging So Cal Heat

So the Dr Mrs is out tonight and it would be a great night to crack into a Kutch or Copain, but it’s too frigging hot to drink wine, as So Cal is more like Phoenix the last 3 days. Further, I was geeked up to watch both Women matches at the Open tonight with a glass of pinot, but those matches are rained out. The irony too is we need rain here, lots of it, in So Cal. So, tonight is dry for wine, the wife is gone, tennis is off and I’m lost as to all my joys of the evening. [truce.gif]

There is always tomorrow! [basic-smile.gif]

Put on Jackson Browne’s Running on Empty album and play side one, track 3 to see how the night looks for ya.

champagne.gif

Frank, here in Florida, when it gets scorching, I’ll stick a nice, bright, acidic Kabinett it the ice chest and get it beer cold. It can be so refreshing, like a sports drink.

Funny, Sunday, started off miserably hot, then it rained for about nine hours. I managed to drink Kutch, l’Arlot, and Fourrier, in my breezeway, grilling, while it rained all afternoon. Not too many chances to do that outside in Fla. summers. I hope you get some rain soon…

“Rosie”? [scratch.gif]

Anton, it looks like it is going to be a bottle of Modelo that was left over from last weekend. [truce.gif]

Thanks man. Kutch was the plan, now it’s the beer. Got a bottle of the Samuel Smith Organic Chocolate Porter but that sounds about as good as a big glass of Petite right now.

You ever had that Sam Smith, Frank?

Graf, I checked and it is the Chocolate Stout, 5% abv. I hand it in my hand, I had it, and then I put it back, as I buckled under the pressure, the sight of the Modelo, the clear bottle and the gold foil, all cold up in there. I had to do it.

Is it wrong if I drink two? [rofl.gif]

Harumph! Long day of remodeling today cranked up the air and popped a Cabot syrah…damn the heat :slight_smile:

Lol!
Not, at, all, man! If you have a mind to, post your thoughts about that beer in the Beer thread after you try it.

Scott, it must be a hot cracking oven out where you are. Cabot syrah? That takes guts on this kind of night, real guts.

I just now opened the downstairs and turned off the AC. Good breeze coming over the hill from Frenchie’s house.

I’ll do it. [training.gif]

Had a crisp, delicious 2013 Curran Grenache Blanc tonight, really hit the spot with some grilled chicken, corn on the cob and arugula salad. Curran Grenache Blanc is one of the real treasures (and great bargains) of California wine, year after year. Frank, if you haven’t tried it, I should give you a bottle next time we meet up, you’ll love this stuff.

We’ve got the same heat up here. Tonight was a Triennes Rosé, very chilled, alongside a Macaroni and Tuna Salad.

Coolio, Frank. [cheers.gif]

I assume you have AC? Probably cooler than my house, which is sitting at 86 inside right now. Finishing up a lighter red burg, which is delish, then moving to a nice Rose’ [cheers.gif]

Shit, Frank. I meant post about the Sam Smith when you have it! LOL!!

Hilarity in ambiguity abound …

We have AC but also solar power. It works so well that even with the wine cellar’s cooling unit, our bill only runs about $19 a month, and we run our AC all the time.

We have been running the AC for the last few days here. I am in the San Ramon Valley, around 40 miles east of SF. It has been around 105 for the last few days. No wine, no beer, nothing but water until tomorrow and hoping it will cool down a bit.

Thanks,
Ed

I put on the AC and finished the Qupe we opened earlier this week (our go-to weekday juice these days)! What heat?

Gin and tonic has been very very good to me lately.

This heat and humidity sucks. I feel like I’m in south Texas or Florida.