Cirq III Not on Deck??

Rumor has it that the 2013 Cirq Pinots (Treehouse and/or Bootlegger’s) will not be released this year but instead held back until some time in 2016. Anybody have any insight here? As a reference the 2012 Treehouse (Bootlegger’s still never released) was released in December 2014 and shipped in March.

That’s what we were told when we tasted there last month. They plan to release in July 2016.

My insight on the reason? And the tasting? Thanks.

So basically a six month delay, or switch from Spring to Fall release (for anyone who can’t go to pick up in December/July).

Is this a logistics thing, or a matter of the wine needing more time in barrel? Either way, I’ll take my full allocation when offered. We have enjoyed the bottles we’ve opened so far and I’ve got a long wait until I get offered any KB SVDs. Also, I had a question last year and Michael Browne was super nice - I’m happy to support his endeavor.

Have notes to share? How about drinking windows?

Would the wine “sit” this long and not be bottled yet??

Bud, your thoughts on the wine??

I have not opened one yet. You just motivated me!

My major recollection was that the Treehouse and the Bootlegger’s Hill were very different animals.
IIRC, the Bootlegger’s was more full bodied, but please remember, these were just barrel samples before any blending has taken place.

I also haven’t touched any of my 2011s or 2012s. Michael recommended giving them 2 to 3 years in the cellar before opening.

I have opened 1 bottle each of the 2011 and 2012 Treehouse. Decanted for several hours. Yummy stuff.

^^^^agreed^^^^ Bdklein. Good juice

I do wonder if it’s “worth” the $100. Opinions??

I purchased the initial release of the Treehouse, and while I enjoy lighter styles of Pinot, but I really enjoyed this wine. But I just didn’t find that I enjoyed it at $100 as much as I did as other wines at half the price. But you can say that about a lot of wines, so really it just depends on your budget and preferences.

We have opened one of each vintage (2011 and 2012). I think these will improve with time, but we found them super enjoyable now. These are still big wines and will likely not appeal to the hardcore Burg drinkers, but they are a step back from some of the KBs and Sea Smokes I’ve had. Ripe fruit that never goes cloyingly sweet and jammy, a touch of earthiness (especially in the 2011), reasonable oak, and not overly hot.

For a special celebration I opened the first of my six 2012 Treehouse (my only allocation so far). Decanted 2 hours.
I was expecting it to be not fully ready and I think it clearly showed that it needs more cellar time.
However, I was surprised at how drinkable it was and it seemed to me like the better points of Kosta without the (sometimes) overdone elements.
Extremely good with more potential and (in my view) worth the elevated price.
I hope to resist opening the next until at least 2017.

An email dropped with a bit more detail. I will wait patiently and take my full allocation when offered. Fingers crossed I get some Bootlegger’s.

We are writing to keep you informed about the release schedule for CIRQ Estate. In the past, we have offered wines in early December for delivery in March the following year. The next wines we intend to release belong to the 2013 vintage and we feel that they will benefit from aging a little longer in our cellar before we move them into yours. To that end, we’ve decided to postpone the release of the 2013 Treehouse Vineyard Pinot Noir and the inaugural release of 2013 Bootlegger’s Hill Pinot Noir. These wines will be offered to our friends in the summer of 2016 and shipped later in the fall that same year.

The 2013 vintage is proving itself to be very special and we feel certain that your patience will be rewarded. Please let us know if you have any questions or requests. Your enthusiasm for our wines is truly appreciated.

All my best,

Michael Browne

Got same . . . 6 more months to save my money. Although my guess is those six months will lead to higher prices!

I think/hope the Bootlegger’s is really special. I do like the Treehouse but not sure I want to spend 100+ on it

I really liked the early December release. Not much else except Schrader during the month. The last thing that I need is another late summer offer that I cannot pass up.