Low on daily drinkers...Best QPR wines available online today

Starting to get a little low on my daily drinkers.

Looking for a few suggestions for some QPR’s available online today…

Please, if possible, list the wine and online store.

Thanks!

Red? White?

Marietta OVR
Shebang! Red Blend
Columbia Winery H3 Cheval/Merlot/Cab
Chateau Mont Redon CdR Red
Famille Iché Les Hérétiques Pays d’Hérault
Concha y Toro Cellar of the Devil Cabernet Sauv
Snoqualmie Cabernet or Syrah
(For over $20 - Carlisle Sonoma County Zin, Bedrock OVZ)

Snoqualmie once made a “Rosebud Vineyard” Cabernet Sauvignon for $12 but, after two years or so, they blended it into a few other vineyard sources and bucked the price up to $25. Broke my heart.

Did Concha y Toro really translate their Casillero del Diablo line to English???

1 Like

Bedrock OV zin and North Coast Syrah, both $20 or under

Apothic Red

It’s in 375 format, but it is under $20. Great QPR.
http://www.klwines.com/p/i?i=1162214

Couldn’t spell it correctly in Spanish. 5 years in school, and I can’t conjugate “ir” properly.

Pipenos from Chile, too. Simple and fresh. K&L has some

1 Like

Ahhhhh, gotcha. No worries Drew, Spanish is pretty damn tough.

2012 Bodegas Castaño “Solanera Viñas Viejas” Yecla
Parker 94 pts.
$13-14 online.
I’m always a bit wary about these low cost/high point Parker wines, but this one is quite tasty. A very good bargain. Bought half a case.

+1

Bedrock OVZ

If you like red Bordeaux, there are tons of 09’s and 10’s that qualify as daily drinking QPR’s

And they’ll keep longer than you’d think too.

2010 Rioja’s and Chianti’s are also still in retail channels and are good value, and a touch less corpulent than the first region suggested.

Specific names I’ve enjoyed this year would include

10 Lanessan Medoc
10 Vina Real Crianza
10 Nipozzano CCR

Cabs under $25:

Textbook ($22)
Sebastiani Alexander Valley ($24)
H3 Horse Heaven Hills ($10)
Columbia Crest ($11)
…and according to the Cabluminati here, apparently Hardin ($25) but I have yet to try it.

Rieslings under $25:

JJ Christoffel Kabinett ($19)
JJ Christoffel Spatlese ($23)
Heinz Eifel Spatlese ($12)
Heinz Eifel Ausllese ($13)

Just tried a 2013 Chateau Graville-Lacoste Blanc that was really citrus driven with grapefruit and lemon. At $11 per 375ml and around $17 per 750, this is a no brainer if you want a drier white than the Rieslings suggested above.

I love Rioja, but must be careful with producer. La 2008 Rioja Alta Alberdi Riserva is $19 and Lopez de Haro 2005 is $13 both at Bassins.

If you can get your hands on 2014 Clos Briords ( Muscadet) it’s phenomenal and a great daily drinker.

Also, the base Baudry bottlings, Roches Neuves base Saumur, and several other good Loire CF’s are all under $20 and Raffault Picasses is $25.

The basic Gillaume Gilles VdP is essentially Cornas for under $25 and of phenomenal quality.

Just depends on your tastes. Lots of good Beaujolais options too, and I recommend Weygandt Wines for both BoJo and Loire finds, not to mention great German/Austrian/ Alsatians…

Where?

Another vote for the Old Vine Bedrock. It can be had for the low/mid-20s around NYC if you know where to look.

Bodegas Oliveres Altos de la Hoya Jumilla Monastrell

Robert Mondavi Napa Valley Cabernet
Laetitia Estate Pinot Noir

I feel the best QPR’s are in the Rhone Valley… Cote du Rhones can be some really great daily drinkers… Some examples that I regularly buy are:

Domaine La Manarine - CDR
Saint Cosme (favorite winery) - CDR / little james basket press/Les Deux Albion
just had the basket press white wine (blend of viognier/sauv-blanc) at a restaurant here in Hillsboro… was awesome!
Coudalet de Beaucastel - CDR (found 2010 for 14.99 at trader joes once, bought a case)
Domaine Pegau - CDR (make a few under $20 red/whites)
Guigal - CDR
Jean-Marie Royer -Le petite royer - love this one

Domestic - Andrew Murray - tour les jour (obviously riper but always a killer value, santa ynez syrah)
Tablas Creek - Patelin de Tablas… always awesome QPR’s

those are some I buy regularly and drink often… Especially the Saint Cosme Cote du Rhones…

Thanks!